News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Coughlin& Brown

Started by Rosehill Jimmy, January 08, 2024, 11:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosehill Jimmy

Both Carter Coughlin and Cam Brown posted "thanks for the memories " tweets.  Is it because both are free agents and their not sure of returning? Or, were they told that they're not in the team's plans for the future?
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

londonblue

Both are UFAs. Neither would be priority resigning decisions. The future new STC may or may not want one or both back.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

T200

Brown can kick rocks. Coughlin doesn't matter to me one way or another.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on January 08, 2024, 11:38:18 PMBoth Carter Coughlin and Cam Brown posted "thanks for the memories " tweets.  Is it because both are free agents and their not sure of returning? Or, were they told that they're not in the team's plans for the future?

Both players are veterans who have shown they are special teamers only.  Shouldn't be hard to find younger players who can do as well at special teams and are either a bit cheaper or can offer some positional value.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

Truly good special teamers are not easy to come by. I like Coughlin being out there and think his leaving will hurt a bit.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

DaveBrown74

Coughlin delivered a few punishing hits this year that were memorable and enjoyable to watch.