News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

the sources for Giants rumors and what that means

Started by MightyGiants, March 05, 2024, 11:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

There are quite a few Giants rumors floating around.  I suspect many of them are being driven simply by the Giants doing their due diligence. 

For example

The Giants most likely reached out to teams drafting ahead of them to gauge interest in trading and potential cost.   No doubt some of those teams have leaked the Giants' contacting their team to various insiders.  So we hear rumors about the Giants wanting to move up.  Yet, this may be nothing more than the Giants gathering information on their various options.

Now, there was a report that the Giants were interested in Mike Evans.  Technically we haven't even reached the legal tampering period, so this is a questionable report.  Plus, Evan's agent would be more than happy to "leak" interest from teams who are in need of WR help to try and boost his clients stock and salary.

The Giants are sticking with Daniel Jones.  Some of this could potentially be misinformation generated by Schoen.  Some of this could be created by the Giants showing interest in the top WR prospects in the draft. 

When we hear rumors, it's worth considering where that rumor might have come from and what and who benefits if people believe the rumor.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Rich: Valiant effort, but (as usual) it won't work. lol
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Painter

None of us should miss the opportunity to say well done and thank you, Rich. Thanks for the effort you make as content provider and indeed as BBH author. The nearly incalculable growth in participation in the Mock Draft Silly Season from January through late April, which some have declared to be more interesting than anything which happens thereafter, surely must be a challenge to those like you in keeping us informed and, often as not, entertained while dealing with our quirks, biases and eccentricities.

Cheers!

kingm56

Reporters have to report and talking heads have to talk; to that end, the NFL reporting machine pumps out hundreds/thousands of reports that all contradict each other.  I spend little time contemplating which one is and isn't true, as it doesn't impact me in the slightest.  I will patiently wait for the FA period and draft, which I will assess our heroes chances for glory after the primary transactions are completed.  Regardless, your summarization and rationale are excellent, Rich.