News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The lie that makes food conglomerates rich

Started by squibber, April 17, 2024, 04:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squibber

The highly processed food list is much longer than you think. These companies are not our friends.

https://youtu.be/vAgn5R3EUnU?si=EkCuJQyaPpkXw9mZ

Jolly Blue Giant

Interesting stuff; however, I'm not giving up my Reese's Peanut Butter Cups  :what:

Bottom line: everything out there is going to kill you sooner or later. Eat right, exercise, and use "self-control" (for which I have none)...and you still end up buying the farm in the grand cycle of life. Helps to have good genes, which no one has control over - that's just the mystery package you're born with

I have a hard time believing I've made it to 71, and it would be a miracle if I make it to my 80's. I'm not giving up beer, cigars, steak, and bacon to stretch it out for another year or so, and then have to get used to soiling myself or losing bladder control or worse, become a walking vegetable that needs full-time care, to keep me from walking into traffic or cutting myself trying to butter toast with a cleaver because I know no better
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

I get these lists also, 10 food items that will likely kill you and I eat maybe 6 of them. Boo, I'm done.

But the next day I get another list, 10 items that will make you live 10 years longer and I eat maybe 6 of those, so they balance each other out and I'm going to enjoy myself while I'm here. I am NOT giving up my wife world famous (at least to me) cheesecake, and certainly, I will always enjoy my Cold Stone Ice Cream. At least I'll go happy.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

squibber

I probably won't change my habits either. I can't give up cake, pies, donuts, pastries, cookies, ice cream. Heck, once in a great while I would eat a whole coconut cream pie in one sitting. Luckily I have been maintaining my weight but I really should lose 30 pounds.