News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Looks like Daboll is calling plays

Started by MightyGiants, May 23, 2024, 12:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Daboll probably should call plays this year. Three reasons for that:

(1) He obviously had some problems with his DC last year. If he's more involved with the offense this year and gives the DC some breathing room to run his unit how he wants to, that will make it less likely that there is another issue.

(2) Daboll's job could be on the line this year. I think it would be a bit extreme to fire the 2022 NFL Head Coach Of the Year in 2024, but it's not impossible. If I'm Daboll, I'm focusing on my main strengths this year, which are designing and implementing an offense.

(3) Kafka has, in two seasons, displayed no clear evidence that he is particularly good in the OC role.

uconnjack8

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 23, 2024, 06:14:00 PMDaboll probably should call plays this year. Three reasons for that:

(1) He obviously had some problems with his DC last year. If he's more involved with the offense this year and gives the DC some breathing room to run his unit how he wants to, that will make it less likely that there is another issue.

(2) Daboll's job could be on the line this year. I think it would be a bit extreme to fire the 2022 NFL Head Coach Of the Year in 2024, but it's not impossible. If I'm Daboll, I'm focusing on my main strengths this year, which are designing and implementing an offense.

(3) Kafka has, in two seasons, displayed no clear evidence that he is particularly good in the OC role.
[/b]

I thought he did an amazing job in 2022 of creating an offense that was nothing like he wanted to coach and had some success.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: uconnjack8 on May 23, 2024, 06:47:05 PM[/b]

I thought he did an amazing job in 2022 of creating an offense that was nothing like he wanted to coach and had some success.

Did Kafka really "create" the offense in 2022?

uconnjack8

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 23, 2024, 07:17:43 PMDid Kafka really "create" the offense in 2022?

I assume he had a big hand in it. 

Jclayton92

Neither Kafka or Daboll can run the offense they want because of personnel.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 23, 2024, 06:14:00 PMDaboll probably should call plays this year. Three reasons for that:

One thing I learned early on in my professional life is if you are going to risk crashing and burning, do it your way.   If Daboll ends up being fired he doesn't want to leave with the regret he didn't take over play calling.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

If they can be a lot more effective throwing downfield, I won't care if it's because Jim is calling plays from heaven or Todge is from his living room