News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Nick Saban retiring

Started by DaveBrown74, January 10, 2024, 05:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

Belichick, Carroll and Saban all leaving their roles in the same year.  Wow.

DaveBrown74

I am anxious to hear more details on this. Did he just decide to retire because he is fed up with all the transfer stuff? If so, I can understand that. Coaches are recruiting other teams' players now. It has gotten kind of seedy.

To be fair, he's not a young man. Similar age to a lot of other aging great coaches like Carroll, Belichick, Rick Pitino, etc. I hope it's not related to some unexpected health matter that has arisen.

I wonder what Alabama is thinking about in terms of succession. Will they keep it in-house or go after a big name?

sooners56

Makes sense with OU coming to the SEC. As Saban knew his days of dominating the SEC was over 😎
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: sooners56 on January 10, 2024, 06:26:11 PMMakes sense with OU coming to the SEC. As Saban knew his days of dominating the SEC was over 😎

Hahaha. Yeah - I'm sure that's why.  :)

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: sooners56 on January 10, 2024, 06:26:11 PMMakes sense with OU coming to the SEC. As Saban knew his days of dominating the SEC was over 😎
=))
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Not surprising, I don't think he likes the whole paying the players thing.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Dabo Swinney will be the HC IMHO.  In fact I am highly confident.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on January 10, 2024, 11:53:55 PMDabo Swinney will be the HC IMHO.  In fact I am highly confident.

Wow, really? I feel like his star has faded in recent years.

Bill Brown

""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Jclayton92

Saban left 3 names that he wanted to take over the program.

Lanning, Kiffin, Demeco Ryan

Lanning said no.

Kiffin said no.

Deboer said no.

No one wants to be the guy to replace the goat, they want to be the guy that replaces the guy that replaced the goat.

I bet they get a fill in like Bill Obrien for a year or the Georgia DC

Jclayton92

I would love Dabo sweeney taking the Bama job as he is out of touch with NIL and the portal.

The landscape in CFB is changing and new teams are entering the forefront, Oregon, Washington, FSU, Ole Miss you can win from anywhere now.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on January 12, 2024, 07:40:21 AMNo one wants to be the guy to replace the goat, they want to be the guy that replaces the guy that replaced the goat.

I think you may have nailed it right there.