News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Final Prediction

Started by Philosophers, April 25, 2024, 05:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

One year ago, I made a very bold prediction on this board and said JJ McCarthy would be drafted top 20 in 2024.  Insane prediction at the time, right?

My prediction now is he goes top 6 and if available, Giants take him at 6.

Additionally, I predict if he is a Giant, that even if DJ is healthy and starting by game 1, JJ will replace him by game 5 or sooner.

Risking it all now.

Just_jimmy

Quote from: Philosophers on April 25, 2024, 05:30:50 PMOne year ago, I made a very bold prediction on this board and said JJ McCarthy would be drafted top 20 in 2024.  Insane prediction at the time, right?

My prediction now is he goes top 6 and if available, Giants take him at 6.

Additionally, I predict if he is a Giant, that even if DJ is healthy and starting by game 1, JJ will replace him by game 5 or sooner.

Risking it all now.
I hope you are right.

JJ in blue would make my night.

JJ IN BLUE, AT 6... WOW

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

bamagiantfan

Let's have some fun with this. Assuming they do not trade out of #6, what would be your,

Perfect Pick -

Surprise pick you wouldn't mind -

Dear God, no! -

For me,

Perfect Pick - Odunze/Nabors/Harrison. i.e. - the best WR available

Surprise pick you wouldn't mind - Brock Bowers. A receiver that will make everyone forget about Darran Waller pretty quick.

Dear God. No! - J.J. McCarthy. It simply makes no sense and I'm just not ready for another reset.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

UKGiantsFan

I thoughts we'd trade up for Maye and I'm sticking with it. Just hoping the price doesn't include 47  as well as next years #1 (but I fear it will)

DaveBrown74

Quote from: UKGiantsFan on April 25, 2024, 05:53:48 PMI thoughts we'd trade up for Maye and I'm sticking with it. Just hoping the price doesn't include 47  as well as next years #1 (but I fear it will)

I think any trade-up for any of the desired QBs this year is going to require a material overpay versus what the fans of the team moving up will feel is fair.

katkavage

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 25, 2024, 06:04:46 PMI think any trade-up for any of the desired QBs this year is going to require a material overpay versus what the fans of the team moving up will feel is fair.

I think that reflects how the importance of QB play has skyrocketed the past few years. The emergence of talents like Stroud, Burrow, Mahomes,Allen, Jackson, Love, and others have the have nots scrambling to find their guy.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: katkavage on April 25, 2024, 06:35:32 PMI think that reflects how the importance of QB play has skyrocketed the past few years. The emergence of talents like Stroud, Burrow, Mahomes,Allen, Jackson, Love, and others have the have nots scrambling to find their guy.

No question that's the case. It's a haves and have nots league now.