News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Round one non-Giants draft discussion thread

Started by MightyGiants, April 25, 2024, 07:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killarich

And this pick right here goes hand in hand with my previous point

CFB CHampionship game was a CLEAR advantage to Michigan except at one position QB

Picking JJ at 6th would have been a HUGE reach .... Atlanta didn't fall for the recent Kool Aid ... they may have reached for Penix .. but they knew who was a bigger reach ..ad Penix RIGHTFULLY so was not the bigger reach

Joe made the right decision with Nabers... I'm happy

Jclayton92

Quote from: killarich on April 25, 2024, 09:04:53 PMLol no one knows where will pick

the same QB we are blasting right now was the same one who got an extension and led us to a 2nd round playoff birth

We don't know where we will be next season
I think it would be different if Jones actually had the production. Most Giants fans see 2022 as a great mirage of good defense and Barkley.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Trench on April 25, 2024, 09:10:20 PMTo be clear - if our Oline is average will we will still hear "Jones doesn't have enough weapons" is my question?

I reject the premise until I see the OLINE perform with my own eyes.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

AYM

Guess this means JJ McCarthy will go to the Vikings at 11.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

killarich

Dude the bears are going to be a problem for the near and distant future

TONKA56

uconnjack8

If they don't trade Penix, that is one of the strangest picks I can remember.

Trench

Quote from: AZGiantFan on April 25, 2024, 09:11:38 PMI reject the premise until I see the OLINE perform with my own eyes.

Understood, my question is - is there a chance we will still hear people say Jones needs more weapons?

Jclayton92

Quote from: killarich on April 25, 2024, 09:10:36 PMAnd this pick right here goes hand in hand with my previous point

CFB CHampionship game was a CLEAR advantage to Michigan except at one position QB

Picking JJ at 6th would have been a HUGE reach .... Atlanta didn't fall for the recent Kool Aid ... they may have reached for Penix .. but they knew who was a bigger reach ..ad Penix RIGHTFULLY so was not the bigger reach

Joe made the right decision with Nabers... I'm happy
Huh? Washington's oline won the award for best offensive line in the country and Washington's 3 deep at wr was better than any wr on Michigan.

Doc16LT56

Caleb, Rome, Keenan Allen, and DJ Moore will be interesting.

sxdxca38

Nabers was a great pick, and the player I was hoping they would draft.

Improve the offensive line, and Daniel Jones will have a good year, and the Giants will begin to win again.

Remember when Rich Eisen was telling everyone the Giants are absolutely done with Daniel Jones, and they have buyer's remorse?

He is now going to have to eat his words, as he spread false information.

Rosehill Jimmy

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

killarich

Were the Jets really a threat to pick a QB ? Why would Minny do this

katkavage

Schoen better pray that Penix and McCarthy don't become franchise QBs.