News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Day 9 2023 Training Camp

Started by Ed Vette, August 05, 2023, 03:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Parris Campbell sounds like he's going to be a starter for us given his camp so far.

Ed Vette

To wrap it up, I don't know why Bredeson was first team Center and if there is anything to read into that the last day of Camp at home. He struggled with Dex's Bull rush but most Centers would.

Not feeling warm and Cozy after Thibs got sacks against Peart today but he also had good reps.

Clearly Holmes is the slot guy.

The lack of interceptions is concerning but that's what you get in Man Coverage.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 05, 2023, 07:53:53 PMTo wrap it up, I don't know why Bredeson was first team Center and if there is anything to read into that the last day of Camp at home. He struggled with Dex's Bull rush but most Centers would.

Not feeling warm and Cozy after Thibs got sacks against Peart today but he also had good reps.

Clearly Holmes is the slot guy.

Tue lack of interceptions is concerning but that's what you get in Man Coverage.

Glad to hear Thibs was getting penetration today, even if it was against a depth tackle. It had sounded from the notes that @MightyGiants put up recently that Thibs was having a meh camp.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 05, 2023, 07:58:33 PMGlad to hear Thibs was getting penetration today, even if it was against a depth tackle. It had sounded from the notes that @MightyGiants put up recently that Thibs was having a meh camp.
I'm hoping Peart can get up to speed soon. He wasn't horrible but he struggled on a few snaps. I expect Neal to be back by the season opener but he's also missing valuable snaps and training. I don't want to be exposed on that right side against Dallas. It's a key game that sets the tone for the season. Seemed like Thibs took it up a notch and he had most of his snaps against Thomas before Azeeze took time off. Yesterday Ximinez had most snaps on Peart.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Trench

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 05, 2023, 08:17:23 PMI'm hoping Peart can get up to speed soon. He wasn't horrible but he struggled on a few snaps. I expect Neal to be back by the season opener but he's also missing valuable snaps and training. I don't want to be exposed on that right side against Dallas. It's a key game that sets the tone for the season. Seemed like Thibs took it up a notch and he had most of his snaps against Thomas before Azeeze took time off. Yesterday Ximinez had most snaps on Peart.

Hopefully u are right on Peart because what I watched last year he was simply awful.

GMenRF

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 05, 2023, 07:08:38 PMAnd that was just a trotting type speed for him.

He is dusting DBs running on 2nd gear.  Imagine when he is motivated to pour it against another team (IE Dallas week 1).

I want him to go for 2 deep tds catching safeties flat footed and putting the league on notice that he and the Giants offense are for real this season.