News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants add a veteran receiver

Started by MightyGiants, May 09, 2024, 09:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TONKA56 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: londonblue on May 09, 2024, 10:32:18 AMRobinson is nothing like Slayton and vice versa in terms of what they can do. Robinson these days post injuries is a possession receiver not any kind of wide/deep threat.

All true. He doesn't want a new deal either.

Decent move considering the scraps around. I doubt anyone thinks he's a game changer; although Slayton also doesn't fit that idea either.

And I like DS at a certain price point.

uconnjack8

Quote from: spiderblue43 on May 09, 2024, 10:36:42 AMHe's a stand-up guy. Never was a deep threat, but reliable as a possession option. :Giants:

Earlier in his career he averaged over 17 yards/reception for a season or two..  Last year was by far his lowest in that stat with 8.2.

PSUBeirut

Former PSU guy (and almost singlehandedly responsible for Christian Hackenberg being drafted in round 2 by the Jets, so I've always appreciated that...).  Very good receiver early on in his career and now nothing more than a possession vet/locker room guy because of age and injuries.

I will forever love him just for this play against Michigan:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9qsVkDEQeU

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I'm not expecting much from him but have absolutely no opposition to the signing given the price.

Keeping in mind Malik Nabers is only 20, Robinson's being here for a year or two could be beneficial to the young man. Same with other young guys in the room like Hyatt and Wan'Dale who have never had a mentor who has had real success in this league.

But do I think he's going to put up significant production for us? No. I think he's pretty shot. Lots of injuries over the years, and he hasn't had a productive year since 2020. He used to be awesome though, and he could definitely have a positive impact off the field and in camp etc.

Jclayton92

Robinson took Devitos number 15

TONKA56

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE