News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

They will play a potential KC VS Buffalo championship game in Atlanta

Started by MightyGiants, January 12, 2023, 11:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

files58

That is just wrong. The game should be played outside, subject to the elements, and in a cold weather city. As if they were playing in Buffalo or Kansas City. FOOTBALL SHOULD BE PLAYED SUBJECT TO THE ELEMENTS.

Rambo89

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

jimv

As far as I'm concerned such a plan is a bunch of crap. ~X(  ~X(  ~X(

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: files58 on January 12, 2023, 03:21:59 PMThat is just wrong. The game should be played outside, subject to the elements, and in a cold weather city. As if they were playing in Buffalo or Kansas City. FOOTBALL SHOULD BE PLAYED SUBJECT TO THE ELEMENTS.

Sadly the fans like to be warm and cozy when they spend $300 a seat

AZGiantFan

I'm old enough to remember when Atlanta was anathema for the MLB All-Star game.  I guess that over?
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

This is brutal. Conference championship weekend is one of my favorite sports weekends of the year. Having these two teams playing in that soulless dome is a huge let-down. It's going to have that same impersonal, artificial feel that the SB does.

Torus34

It's worse than you think, no matter where they play.

My daughter, who lives next door, is a Bills fan. She'll come to our house wearing her Josh Allen 17 jersey. My Lady's heart throb's Patrick Mahomes, and she'll be wearing her 15 Mahomes jersey.

I've got to try to keep peace in the family and make sure everybody's speaking to everybody at game's end. You think you've got problems, huh?

Go, Big Blue!

spiderblue43

Terrible idea. Denver would have been perfect  It's so Vanilla ..typical Goddell. LAME  :boooo:

kartanoman

Tough situation altogether. If Damar's emergency did not occur, and the Bills found a way to beat the Bengals, the game would have been in Buffalo. But they also could have lost that game, as well, and it would have been played in KC.

You can't assume anything that might have, or could have happened, as the NFL has a funny way of making predictions like that look downright silly, sometimes.

All things considered, it's a fair decision for a complicated issue. A fast track, with the two premier offensive juggernauts in the league, for a chance to go to the show, is far from a bad outcome.

Yes, flying into Atlanta sucks, plain and simple, as it is arguably one of the worst hubs in the country. At least it's their final destination and not a hub to somewhere else. The fans will come. Make no mistake about that.

Note to self: thank heavens I don't have to fly in the eastern part of our country, anymore! Flying stinks, plain and simple, but the mass volume and crappy weather in January out there is just not made for a good experience.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

LennG

Terrible strategy.

It would be better to just flip a coin or play a game of Madden and whoever wins get home-field advantage.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss