News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - NFL WC Weekend - All comments here…

Started by GordonGekko80, January 14, 2023, 04:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonGekko80

Thought I'd open this for all non-Giants related games...

49ers D is insane... their only weakness is probably the QB position, given the lack of experience.

Ed Vette

Everyone in my pool picked the Niners. Go Seattle!
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

I like rooting for Geno who's been dicked around the league and had to mentor himself.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Need to change the name and put NGT- All Other Playoff Games because I was about to create a thread because I just skipped by this one without the NGT-.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 14, 2023, 05:09:34 PMEveryone in my pool picked the Niners. Go Seattle!
Seattle has a real chance leading at the half and with the 49ers playing sloppy.

With the 49ers playing like this, not sure which would be a better match-up for us.

killarich

If Seattle pulls this off, and we win tomorrow ....it's a chance we can be in Dallas or Tampa following weekend

If we get Seattle in NFC Championship I'm putting my life savings on tickets

killarich

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 14, 2023, 05:10:58 PMI like rooting for Geno who's been dicked around the league and had to mentor himself.

I know it wasn't his decision or fault , but seeing him gives me Macadoo flashbacks and the ending of Eli's streak ... I'm still bitter

y_so_blu

Quote from: killarich on January 14, 2023, 06:34:25 PMIf Seattle pulls this off, and we win tomorrow ....it's a chance we can be in Dallas or Tampa following weekend

If we get Seattle in NFC Championship I'm putting my life savings on tickets
And as soon as we start to hope for that, the Niners pull ahead.

jimv

I definitely don't want the Seahawks to win!  I hate their coach!

LennG

I was thinking while watching the game, did we give up on Gino too soon?

Then I came back to reality and said Nah. We would be among many teams that had him and said no thanks. Maybe the proverbial light bulb came on or just the system fits him to a tee.

I also wish him well as he has paid his dies and then some.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Seattle put in a nice effort in the first half but the 9ers are just in a different class. Once again Purdy was impressive. He is remarkably poised for a rookie who didn't even play a full season.

The Niners might be the best team in the league at this point.. who is going to beat them?

T200

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 14, 2023, 07:57:29 PMSeattle put in a nice effort in the first half but the 9ers are just in a different class. Once again Purdy was impressive. He is remarkably poised for a rookie who didn't even play a full season.

The Niners might be the best team in the league at this point.. who is going to beat them?
I know of one team but they have an obstacle they have to dispatch tomorrow.  :Giants:  :smug:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

killarich

Quote from: y_so_blu on January 14, 2023, 06:59:58 PMAnd as soon as we start to hope for that, the Niners pull ahead.

Damn man was hoping for a playoff experience lol

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 14, 2023, 07:57:29 PMSeattle put in a nice effort in the first half but the 9ers are just in a different class. Once again Purdy was impressive. He is remarkably poised for a rookie who didn't even play a full season.

Imagine them getting Carr. I think they go somewhere else, as I don't think that Lance is the answer after all the weird stories at the beginning of the season. Like him demanding Jimmy be gone, and demanding Shanahan tell ppl to respect him etc.

Who you got in the Jags/Bolts game?

Jclayton92

Jags haven't been to the postseason in years plus Engram is there, so I guess I'd go with them.

Heard a rumor that if Staley doesn't win that the Bolts would heavily consider Sean Payton to pair with Herbert.