News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Would you consider letting Saquon go to free agency and signing Derrick Henry?

Started by BluesCruz, March 07, 2023, 11:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 07, 2023, 11:20:45 AMIf the Giants spend a draft pick on a RB (in trade), it better be for a young RB on a cheap rookie deal rather than on a 29-year-old RB on a one-year deal.

If Barkley walks and Henry becomes a free agent, I might consider him if the price is right.

agreed but there is the side benefit that defenders must respect Henry's awesome power and out of the gate speed downhill

the opponents will not be so brave about mounting blitzes

should have the side benefit of clean pockets
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

BluesCruz

Henry gets a lot more yardage off the outlet passes     otherwise its a wash overall
but I suspect Henry gets more of the tough move the chains yardage.  just the eyeball test on that one

Actually they are exchangeable for both teams

Derrick Henry 2022- Year
team
VER
YDS
AVG
TD
REC
YDS
AVG
TD
Titans

Saquon Barkley
Year
team
VER
YDS
AVG
TD
REC
YDS
AVG
TD
Giants
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

True Blue

Quote from: BluesCruz on March 07, 2023, 12:41:53 PMagreed but there is the side benefit that defenders must respect Henry's awesome power and out of the gate speed downhill

He would also make life easier for Usain Bolt I'm sure, right?

True Blue

If we sign a vet replacement, it depends on the cost, I wonder how cheap or costly players like Mattison or Singletary will be or what JS/Dabs and co think of him. The good thing is, in FA and Draft both, the market is flooded, which will make some guys take less to sign. This is a good year to need RBs

I wanted Charbonet, but I feel he will go too high than I would like, but there are some other intriguing prospects for sure, so Schoen should have little trouble finding a quality guy or two in this draft that they like.

Rambo89

Quote from: BluesCruz on March 07, 2023, 12:41:53 PMagreed but there is the side benefit that defenders must respect Henry's awesome power and out of the gate speed downhill

The year is 2023 not 2020.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Jclayton92

The Chiefs just won a super bowl with a 7th round pick at Rb, that's all you need to know right there.

jimv

True Blue

I'm also confused, how are we gonna sign someone under contract with another team?

kingm56