News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Aaron Rodgers to the Jets, trade done

Started by shadowspinner0, April 24, 2023, 04:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

True Blue

Quote from: Fletch on April 26, 2023, 10:50:13 AMDon't bother . Most Giants fans watched Jeff Hostetler win a SB so they think it can be done with a great hard hitting Defense and a bell RB. THose days are over. These guys are playing 2 hand touch these days  because if the rule changes especially QBs and WRs

Did you discuss this with a Jets fan at a public urinal?

Ed Vette

Quote from: True Blue on April 26, 2023, 12:09:59 PMDid you discuss this with a Jets fan at a public urinal?

For a person who reports multiple posts, do you really think this is appropriate to stir up confrontation?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

jerseyguy

the Jets is where all QBs whose best years are behind them go to end their careers in embarrassment

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Rodgers' odd (at best) personality may get him off on the wrong foot with some fans and some media during the offseason and dog days of summer when there is nothing else to write about, but ultimately his popularity will come entirely down to how much he helps this team win. If he lights it up and the Jets win a Super Bowl (I'm just giving the most extreme example to make a point), then no Jets fan is going to have anything other than adoration for the guy. If on the other hand it's another Brett Favre type situation, then clearly all the negatives will be accentuated.

Fletch

Are we re-writing history here? Favre played well and so did the Jets. He got hurt in week 12 and their season pretty much collapsed. It was a dumb decision by their coach to play a hurt Favre who was clearly not the same in the final weeks of the season.

Meanwhile we're hanging our hat on Marcus Mariotta 2.0 iin the hope that if we pay him like a top 10 QB -- he wil lbecome one (huh?)

How many QBs have we passed up on in the draft for this guy now that would leave us miles ahead.... Josh Allen, Herbert, Will Levis. Shoot I think even Darnold might even be better. Would not be surprised to see him light it up in SF.

Rambo89

Quote from: Fletch on April 28, 2023, 10:05:31 AMAre we re-writing history here? Favre played well and so did the Jets. He got hurt in week 12 and their season pretty much collapsed. It was a dumb decision by their coach to play a hurt Favre who was clearly not the same in the final weeks of the season.

Meanwhile we're hanging our hat on Marcus Mariotta 2.0 iin the hope that if we pay him like a top 10 QB -- he wil lbecome one (huh?)

How many QBs have we passed up on in the draft for this guy now that would leave us miles ahead.... Josh Allen, Herbert, Will Levis. Shoot I think even Darnold might even be better. Would not be surprised to see him light it up in SF.

Like with Favre when you have a 39 year old QB the chances of them getting hurt is greater.  Sitting Favre wouldn't have changed things for the Jets.  Though I think unlike Favre who never wanted to come to the Jets that Rodgers will at least not mail it in and actually care about the team winning.

Still that has nothing to do with the Giants.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Fletch

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 26, 2023, 11:20:18 AMNot really sure what you are talking about but I was talking about modern team building. Not sure what that has to do with Jeff or changes in the rules.

What I am talking about is most top 7 teams / SB contenders either have an elite QB or have a young prospect still capable of being a an elite QB. It seems like our owner and many of the fans on this site and elsewhere are stil waxing wool during the days when a Phil Simms or a Jeff Hostetler could win you a SB with a great defense and a great running game .  Not that Daniel Jones is Phil Simms or even Jeff Hostetler. He went on to start for the Raiders. I doubt any team would start Daniel Jones now. In any event, those days are over. I cannot believe Will Levis had fallen into their lap instead they overdrafted a CB

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Fletch on April 28, 2023, 01:52:00 PMWhat I am talking about is most top 7 teams / SB contenders either have an elite QB or have a young prospect still capable of being a an elite QB. It seems like our owner and many of the fans on this site and elsewhere are stil waxing wool during the days when a Phil Simms or a Jeff Hostetler could win you a SB with a great defense and a great running game .  Not that Daniel Jones is Phil Simms or even Jeff Hostetler. He went on to start for the Raiders. I doubt any team would start Daniel Jones now. In any event, those days are over. I cannot believe Will Levis had fallen into their lap instead they overdrafted a CB

How do you know they "overdrafted" Banks? To what extent have you personally scouted him?

Fletch

Whatever for months I have been hoping for a miracle that a Will Levis would fall into the Giants lap ,and  that I was dreaming that he would go that late . Sure enough he did. You had a great QB prospect instead you give up 2 picks to get a corner back.

Yea and for someone who always reports people you seem to be awfully antagonistic.

And incidentally unless you have Deon Sanders -- I just don't think a CB has that much positional value to be a 1st rnd pick. My opinion .

So the Giants could have tagged Jones, drafted Levis, and overpaid for Barkley and pretty much be in the same situation as now but, with....

A. a much better player at QB
B. A happy Barkley
C. A good back up who could start some games and win them.
D. one less CB
E 40 mil richer

DaveBrown74

Fletch,

Not sure if that was directed at me, but I have never reported you for anything. And I wasn't being antagonistic either.

If your comment was for someone else, then pls disregard the above.

Fletch

I got you confused with true blue same pic

Rambo89

Quote from: Fletch on April 28, 2023, 02:25:06 PMWhatever for months I have been hoping for a miracle that a Will Levis would fall into the Giants lap ,and  that I was dreaming that he would go that late . Sure enough he did. You had a great QB prospect instead you give up 2 picks to get a corner back.

Yea and for someone who always reports people you seem to be awfully antagonistic.

And incidentally unless you have Deon Sanders -- I just don't think a CB has that much positional value to be a 1st rnd pick. My opinion .

So the Giants could have tagged Jones, drafted Levis, and overpaid for Barkley and pretty much be in the same situation as now but, with....

B. A happy Barkley
D. one less CB
E 40 mil richer

The Giants have two QB's under contract in 2023 there is no way they were spending a 1st or even 2nd round pick on a QB.  With as many needs as they have on the roster it would have been light years worse than taking a RB 2nd overall.

And not sure how any of that is relevant in an Aaron Rodgers to the Jets thread.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

True Blue

Quote from: Fletch on April 28, 2023, 02:25:06 PMWhatever for months I have been hoping for a miracle that a Will Levis would fall into the Giants lap ,and  that I was dreaming that he would go that late . Sure enough he did. You had a great QB prospect instead you give up 2 picks to get a corner back.

B. A happy Barkley
D. one less CB
E 40 mil richer

I admit I was, because many of us are sick and tired of your Daniel Jones hate fests, but even so you are the last person that should be calling anyone antagonistic

To say CB is not a position worth a first round selection shows you know jack about football, so stop the bitching please and thanks cause we get it, you hate Daniel Jones.

I don't think he's the future, I'm not a fan of his. But they can do alot worse for now. If he doesn't live up to the contract he will be gone in 2 years, they don't lose much from it

While unlikely, maybe I'm wrong and he steps up with a stronger roster and comfort in the system, who the hell knows

MightyGiants

B. A happy Barkley
D. one less CB
E 40 mil richer

It appears the GMs and coaching staffs of 32 teams see Will Levis very differently than you do
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE