News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Schoen throws some shade at Barkley's agent Kim Miale

Started by MightyGiants, July 26, 2023, 04:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painter

Quote from: True Blue on August 03, 2023, 02:12:32 PMI don't think Barkley is blameless, but I think it is more of the agents responsibility. This is why media always makes a big deal when players choose to represent themselves, they aren't trained or skilled in these situations. Clearly Kim isn't either but I digress.

It is his fault for hiring her, sure, but she failed miserably at the task she was hired to do.

I have no problem with your view of the matter and that of others including the idea that Kim Miale is somehow incompetent. However, I disagree that Barkley is to be blamed only for his choice of Agent. Rather, it is he, not his Agent(s)- having added Ed Berry of CAA to assist Miale and ROC Nation- who has been the principal if not the sole decision-maker ever since The Giants- Schoen & Co- elected to apply the $10.1 million Franchise Tag.

From that moment, he has made it abundantly clear that he has felt
DISREPECTED and without any practical negotiating leverage. While his lack of leverage was the reason for his recalcitrance, the issue of disrespect relative to McCaffrey ($16 mil) Kamara ($15 mil) Henry ($12.5) Chubb ($12.3) was, and still is, where it's at in bold letters both pre- and post-epiphany albeit with a happy for us and the team outcome.

Moreover, we should not forget that before Schoen & Co. had to turn their attention toward others like DJ and Dex, Saquon turned down an offer which would have paid him $13-14 million annually.

In any case, if we insist on assigning blame, we should try to be fair about it to ALL the parties.

Cheers!

jerseyguy

Barkley's agent gets a lot of flack but if you read up on her she is no slouch, she a smart young woman at the top of her game.

Jclayton92

Quote from: jerseyguy on August 04, 2023, 10:53:19 AMBarkley's agent gets a lot of flack but if you read up on her she is no slouch, she a smart young woman at the top of her game.
how so? She got the job at Roc Nation helping lead their football division after getting a Linebacker and a safety a tryout that didn't stick. Only 1 of her clients has been paid his actual market value. Dez Bryant under paid, Fournette randomly cut without her knowing and 1 yr rental deals after, Barkley fiasco etc. She's had 1 client get paid like he was supposed to in Stanley and that's over the course of 9 years... so just not seeing top of her game no matter how many puff pieces are written, there's just no evidence to support that.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: jerseyguy on August 04, 2023, 10:53:19 AMBarkley's agent gets a lot of flack but if you read up on her she is no slouch, she a smart young woman at the top of her game.

Links to read about her?
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jclayton92

Quote from: AZGiantFan on August 04, 2023, 12:54:16 PMLinks to read about her?
It's all puff pieces that talk about her being a hustler, the Stanley deal, and the fact she had a client go #2 overall.  While ignoring everything else.

True Blue

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 04, 2023, 04:09:44 PMIt's all puff pieces that talk about her being a hustler, the Stanley deal, and the fact she had a client go #2 overall.  While ignoring everything else.

Yeah I agree. I don't see anything else myself.

I also don't think an agent has much claim to where a player is drafted especially Saquon when Gettleman made no other consideration

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jclayton92

Quote from: True Blue on August 04, 2023, 05:06:43 PMYeah I agree. I don't see anything else myself.

I also don't think an agent has muchclaim to where a player is drafted especially Saquon when Gettleman marr nonother consideration
I agree.