News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

David Sills has found a new home

Started by MightyGiants, August 30, 2023, 01:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

I hope he finally gets his chance to show the world what he can do. He was a loyal Giant for a long time and rarely got his chance in the spot light. I wish him all the luck in the world and hope he has a break out season
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Sills is only going to the Bears' PS.  So either the Giants didn't want Sills on their PS, or Sills felt it was time to try his luck with a different team.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Wishing him nothing but the best of luck on his new team.

If it was his own doing, I understand and respect his decision.

Dgoodmantrublu

He got a great chance last year.

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on August 30, 2023, 01:18:49 PMI hope he finally gets his chance to show the world what he can do. He was a loyal Giant for a long time and rarely got his chance in the spot light. I wish him all the luck in the world and hope he has a break out season

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 30, 2023, 01:22:39 PMWishing him nothing but the best of luck on his new team.

If it was his own doing, I understand and respect his decision.

I wouldn't fault him either.  After 3 years of the same thing, you start to approach the definition of insanity
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Dgoodmantrublu

How much better of a chance can the guy expect than he got at the beginning of last year. Glad he's gone and we have far better options on this roster now.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on August 30, 2023, 01:28:10 PMHow much better of a chance can the guy expect than he got at the beginning of last year. Glad he's gone and we have far better options on this roster now.

I have said repeatedly that he had as good an opportunity as a WR in his situation could ever possibly get last year. While I have no doubt he tried his best, he was not able to take advantage of it.

I can't really say I'm "glad he's gone", because I don't think his being one of 16 on the practice squad is of much consequence, and there may be something to be said for having someone with his effort level and spirit in our practices. With that said, I am of the opinion that he was never going to add material value on the field to our franchise, so I have no issue with him either leaving willfully or being denied a spot on our PS. My guess is it's the former, but I really don't know (and frankly don't care that much).

Slugsy-Narrows

He has been with us since what 2018!

He needs a new fresh environment as it's obvious the Giants don't see him as a starter or even someone to be active consistently.

I wish him luck!

Trench

I hope he does great and proves everyone wrong.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Trench on August 30, 2023, 01:56:03 PMI hope he does great and proves everyone wrong.

I'm sure you will keep us in the loop

GloryDays

The kid is determined and tenacious.. I am pretty sure he makes it somewhere.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: GloryDays on August 30, 2023, 02:54:00 PMThe kid is determined and tenacious.. I am pretty sure he makes it somewhere.

You mean as an every-week contributor in games?

jerseyguy

careers go by fast in the NFL and wasn't looking like the Giants had any plans for him so he did what was best for him

madbadger

I hope he gets to live out his dream but I never understood the man crush some here have for him. He's never demonstrated to me that he's a guy who could help elevate this team.