News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Hyatt on DJ's work ethic

Started by MightyGiants, September 03, 2023, 05:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

GloryDays

This testimonial is important and much more relevant than fans opinions and those with personal agendas and dislikes of our QB

Trench

Quote from: GloryDays on September 03, 2023, 09:46:56 PMThis testimonial is important and much more relevant than fans opinions and those with personal agendas and dislikes of our QB

Agree the testimonial is important and I absolutely loved hearing it the approach of our QB. But with that said, I think it is unfair to characterize people who still have questions about Jones to have "personal agendas and dislikes" towards him.

It takes people different time frames to realize things. I'm one of them. I was thrilled with his progress last year and absolutely love what I've seen and read about him during this preseason but I also still need a couple boxes to be checked. I sincerely believe that is ok too.

GloryDays

Quote from: Trench on September 03, 2023, 11:51:14 PMAgree the testimonial is important and I absolutely loved hearing it the approach of our QB. But with that said, I think it is unfair to characterize people who still have questions about Jones to have "personal agendas and dislikes" towards him.

It takes people different time frames to realize things. I'm one of them. I was thrilled with his progress last year and absolutely love what I've seen and read about him during this preseason but I also still need a couple boxes to be checked. I sincerely believe that is ok too.
Trench, reading your posts since training camp started, I have realized that about you being surprised, happy and optimistic about DJ. By those with personal agendas, my aim is the pundits who are looking to make a name for themselves or get clicks.
👍

Ed Vette

Sounds like DJ sending him texts from the facility is coaching him up and as a rookie, maybe he shouldn't be leaving right after practice. Doesn't sound like he's gotten the message yet.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

RelaxTension

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 04, 2023, 06:59:44 AMSounds like DJ sending him texts from the facility is coaching him up and as a rookie, maybe he shouldn't be leaving right after practice. Doesn't sound like he's gotten the message yet.
I had this same thought when listening to him.
But hey he does feel bad.. LOL
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 04, 2023, 06:59:44 AMSounds like DJ sending him texts from the facility is coaching him up and as a rookie, maybe he shouldn't be leaving right after practice. Doesn't sound like he's gotten the message yet.

I have to confess, I had similar thoughts.  DJ's leadership style reminds me of Eli's.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Just curious: did successful WRs of the past routinely stay until well past dinner hours looking at tape? I'm not saying they didn't, because I don't know, but I feel like the late night tape stuff has generally been a QB thing and a coach thing. Were guys like Victor Cruz and Plax in the building at 9pm crunching tape with Eli? Or was it more just Eli with the coaches?

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 04, 2023, 09:12:43 AMJust curious: did successful WRs of the past routinely stay until well past dinner hours looking at tape? I'm not saying they didn't, because I don't know, but I feel like the late night tape stuff has generally been a QB thing and a coach thing. Were guys like Victor Cruz and Plax in the building at 9pm crunching tape with Eli? Or was it more just Eli with the coaches?

That is a fair point as well.  A WR needs to be able to read the defense (in this offense) and know their routes.  The QB needs to know everyone's role and have a much stronger understanding of opposing defenses. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Just an FYI, this Tweet I created for this post has gone viral on Twitter.

Reposts
 Quotes

AZGiantFan

Personally I think DJ's take on Hyatt's work ethic (which from what I've read is good) would be more relevant.  DJ has seen a lot of WRs and has a great basis for comparison, whereas DJ is the first and only NFL starter Hyatt has seen.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Dgoodmantrublu

The national media has too much invested in crapping on Jones and I'm not even a Jones guy. I was sure we'd move on going into last year. I now have an open mind. Schoen and Daboll liking him so much definitely encourages me. And you can really tell how much his teammates love him. That means a lot to me.

madbadger

Or the kid puts in significant extra time but isn't as fanatical as Jones who has been known to burn the midnight oil. Not enough info to really form an opinion.

Ed Vette

Quote from: madbadger on September 04, 2023, 02:33:41 PMOr the kid puts in significant extra time but isn't as fanatical as Jones who has been known to burn the midnight oil. Not enough info to really form an opinion.
:hmm:
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Dgoodmantrublu

There have been absolutely no reports of Hyatt not working hard. There have been plenty of reports of Hyatt staying after practice to do extra routes with Jones. He would not have made the strides he has so far if he hadn't been working hard.