News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Hyatt on DJ's work ethic

Started by MightyGiants, September 03, 2023, 05:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

True Blue

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 07, 2023, 02:26:13 PMand @True Blue

Do you two honestly believe your efforts to undermine efforts to maintain quality conversation would be more welcome?  Paul, you of all people, should be on your very best behavior.

Why don't we ALL try to keep this the best Giants forum on the internet.

I don't agree that I am undermining anyone or anything, if you feel differently I apologize.

I am all for civil discussion, I would like to think the bulk of my post history in recent memory reflects that. I did not "inject" myself into the ongoing DJ debate either, so I am just a bit confused as to what exactly I am undermining. Any comment I clearly stated and worded in a general matter.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 07, 2023, 02:32:00 PMI don't see people being critical of Daniel Jones undermining anything any more so than fans of his are in posting their perspective.  A quality conversation has multiple perspectives even varying leaning one way or the other.  For the most part this discussion has that. 

Personally I think labeling critics of Jones's not being real fans and accusations of meaningless thread ranking is what derails meaningful discussion over non sense and being way too sensitive over someone else's perspective on how they view Daniel Jones.

Care to explain how this post added respectful quality conversation to our forum?  I appreciate that there have been a few barbs on the other side, but at least those were buried in longer posts that were mostly quality substance.  Where is the substance in this post?

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 07, 2023, 10:54:29 AMAnother thread where we see the sensitivity to protect Daniel Jones and criticize anyone who dares to not say he's an elite QB.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 07, 2023, 02:43:12 PMCare to explain how this post added respectful quality conversation to our forum?  I appreciate that there have been a few barbs on the other side, but at least those were buried in longer posts that were mostly quality substance.  Where is the substance in this post?

Please that came after the "Real Fans" comment and other stuff.  There's no "at least" if we're being fair here.  If you want to eliminate this stuff then treat a jab as a jab don't say one wasn't as bad because it was in the middle or beginning of a longer post. 

I have nothing further to add on this except the humor on how dumb this all is.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 07, 2023, 02:49:21 PMPlease that came after the "Real Fans" comment and other stuff.  There's no "at least" if we're being fair here.  If you want to eliminate this stuff then treat a jab as a jab don't say one wasn't as bad because it was in the middle or beginning of a longer post. 

I have nothing further to add on this except the humor on how dumb this all is.

Greg,

I have listened to and read hundreds of player interviews.  When asked about their contributions to leadership the overwhelming majority will mention first that they lead by example (at least the good players).   What they never say is that they lead by copying the bad behavior they see in some teammates.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 07, 2023, 02:26:13 PMand @True Blue

Do you two honestly believe your efforts to undermine efforts to maintain quality conversation would be more welcome?   Paul, you of all people, should be on your very best behavior.

Why don't we ALL try to keep this the best Giants forum on the internet.

Rich

First:  Why should I be on my best behavior? And how am i not being??  Due tell?

Next: it's an open forum, if you post something ANYONE CAN ANSWER!  If you don't want a response then it needs to be private or post it and lock the threat (we know that has been done before)

Lastly I'm not look to undermine anything or cause any issue, I merely stated that I can understand how if a post is made someone can respond even if it is meant for 1 person.  To think it couldn't or wouldn't happen on a message board is kind of surprising.  Now if you took that as undermining idk what to tell ya other then it wasn't my intention so lighten up.

Dgoodmantrublu

This is what it says under the header for the site.

A board for civil and intelligent Giants discussions

Seems we are losing the civil part in this discussion.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 07, 2023, 04:00:41 PMThis is what it says under the header for the site.

A board for civil and intelligent Giants discussions

Seems we are losing the civil part in this discussion.

We are going to get back to that one way or another
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Dgoodmantrublu

I appreciate that. I failed to live up to that in the past, but I see I was wrong then and appreciate the civil part more and more.

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 07, 2023, 04:35:21 PMWe are going to get back to that one way or another