News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Girls open at 3 point Favorites vs Giants week1

Started by Slugsy-Narrows, September 04, 2023, 12:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slugsy-Narrows

Per a Cowgirl site:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2023/9/3/23857462/cowboys-giants-dallas-3-point-favorites-week-1-nfl-gambling-odds-bets-draftkings

"McCarthy is going to take over the play-calling duties from Kellen Moore, who was pushed out the door and landed with the Los Angeles Chargers. McCarthy, along with new offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, are introducing their modified version of the West Coast offense.

The defense remains in the capable hands of Dan Quinn and should be an elite unit, led by Micah Parsons.

Put all that together and you have a Cowboys team that is favored by three points, even though they are on the road against an NFC East opponent."

:boooo:  :boooo:  :boooo:  :boooo:  :boooo:

I like being the underdog though!

DaveBrown74

I saw 3.5 points when I checked the other day.

While I can understand the public not thinking the two teams are dead even right now, I'm a bit surprised by the line. Implies the Giants are a 6/6.5 point dog on a neutral field. That seems objectively high.

Obviously the Cowboys have owned us of late, regardless of venue, so I guess that's the driver here.

I definitely like the Giants getting 3.5 though.

4xchamps

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 04, 2023, 07:11:38 AMI saw 3.5 points when I checked the other day.

While I can understand the public not thinking the two teams are dead even right now, I'm a bit surprised by the line. Implies the Giants are a 6/6.5 point dog on a neutral field. That seems objectively high.

Obviously the Cowboys have owned us of late, regardless of venue, so I guess that's the driver here.

I definitely like the Giants getting 3.5 though.

I have no issues with the spread, even though I think we win by 10. But the reality is also, we haven't beaten them in a long, long time. They deserve that respect.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: 4xchamps on September 04, 2023, 08:05:00 AMI have no issues with the spread, even though I think we win by 10. But the reality is also, we haven't beaten them in a long, long time. They deserve that respect.

Agreed, and as we all know the spread is not a prediction but rather a market price designed to attract equally weighted betting on both sides. The Cowboys have owned us in recent years. We beat them in late 2020, but half their team was out in that game. Otherwise they have owned us for years. I would agree that until the public sees that trend changing in front of its eyes, they will continue to generally be favored against us.

I just thought 3.5 seemed a touch high when I saw it (even accounting for all of the above) and would have guessed that that would have drawn more interest on the Giants from the betting public. Maybe that's not the case though. Will be interesting to see if the line moves between now and kickoff in six days.

Gman329

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 04, 2023, 08:09:12 AMAgreed, and as we all know the spread is not a prediction but rather a market price designed to attract equally weighted betting on both sides. The Cowboys have owned us in recent years. We beat them in late 2020, but half their team was out in that game. Otherwise they have owned us for years. I would agree that until the public sees that trend changing in front of its eyes, they will continue to generally be favored against us.

I just thought 3.5 seemed a touch high when I saw it (even accounting for all of the above) and would have guessed that that would have drawn more interest on the Giants from the betting public. Maybe that's not the case though. Will be interesting to see if the line moves between now and kickoff in six days.

Methinks the hook makes the Giants a good play. I also wouldn't be at all surprised if the hook is gone by game time and it goes off at 3.....or even 2.5.  If you like the Giants get the play in now.   

Bob In PA

Underdog status will make it all the more impressive when Cowboys leave w/their hats having been handed to them.
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

nb587

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 04, 2023, 08:09:12 AMAgreed, and as we all know the spread is not a prediction but rather a market price designed to attract equally weighted betting on both sides. The Cowboys have owned us in recent years. We beat them in late 2020, but half their team was out in that game. Otherwise they have owned us for years. I would agree that until the public sees that trend changing in front of its eyes, they will continue to generally be favored against us.

If the 7 1/2 win total didnt change with the addition of Waller and Okereke and a great draft, I would be surprised if this line changed although if 3 is up for Slugs, maybe it's already started.

Painter

I'll take that bet and any Giants fan who wouldn't should go back to thumb sucking.

Cheers!

Dgoodmantrublu

Calling the Cowboys girls is an insult to women and girls everywhere.

kartanoman

Any Giant fan who feels this team is finally ready to punch the Cowboys in the face, non-stop, for 60 minutes would be a fool not to take the points.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Slugsy-Narrows

Slugsy-Narrows

Threw up a bit in my mouth this morning when I saw this!

This has got to change if we are to take that next step!!!

Dabs and coaches have had 2 weeks and an off season to prepare!

https://twitter.com/jasrifootball/status/1698854911503458531

todge

Quote from: Gman329 on September 04, 2023, 10:38:21 AMMethinks the hook makes the Giants a good play. I also wouldn't be at all surprised if the hook is gone by game time and it goes off at 3.....or even 2.5.  If you like the Giants get the play in now.
Actually it's gone up to +5.5 in some spots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveBrown74

I still see it at 3.5 in the main venues I follow but maybe it has moved in others.

I think apart from the fact that the Cowboys have owned us recently, people don't think the Giants' O line can hold up against this particularly nasty Cowboy pass rush. For a lot of bettors, that's the one matchup in this game that can really tilt the outcome.

True Blue

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 04, 2023, 03:35:59 PMCalling the Cowboys girls is an insult to women and girls everywhere.

Calling the Cowboys boys, is an insult to men and boys everywhere.  /sarcasm/