News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

3 min Vid of Kyle Rudolph talking about DJ on Kay Adams show.

Started by DragonSoul, September 06, 2023, 12:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSoul

"Highhhhhh praise from @KyleRudolph on Daniel Jones 👀 .@Daniel_Jones10 @UpAndAdamsShow"

https://twitter.com/heykayadams/status/1699093365290389809

DaveBrown74

He's well spoken and this is pretty well thought out. I hope he's right.

MightyGiants

I don't think Rudolph broke any new ground on his assessment.  I do think the long time TE with a few Pro Bowls under his belt who played with many QBs (who is now retired and free to speak his mind) including Daniel Jones has an opinion that's worth listening to and considering
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Is there a QB in this league who gets evaluated and reevaluated each day? Maybe Darnold and Mayfield oh yeah and Watson, and Wilson and Geno and Trevor...   
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 06, 2023, 12:47:50 PMIs there a QB in this league who gets evaluated and reevaluated each day? Maybe Darnold and Mayfield oh yeah and Watson, and Wilson and Geno and Trevor...   

Was there ever a QB in the league who stayed with his team after having his fifth-year option declined (and even given a long-term contract)?

Daniel Jones challenges people's mental flexibility and ability to avoid confirmation bias.   By that I mean, Jones went from being a QB even Schoen and Daboll had serious doubts about to the guy those two men are now staking their jobs and reputations on.  That sort of drastic turnaround after 3 (or more) years in the league is extremely rare.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 06, 2023, 01:00:24 PMWas there ever a QB in the league who stayed with his team after having his fifth-year option declined (and even given a long-term contract)?

Daniel Jones challenges people's mental flexibility and ability to avoid confirmation bias.   By that I mean, Jones went from being a QB even Schoen and Daboll had serious doubts about to the guy those two men are now stacking their jobs and reputations on.  That sort of drastic turn around after 3 (or more) years in the league is extremely rare.
He still has that 2 year out. They didn't change that when they gave him 6 to get back 4..
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 06, 2023, 01:03:57 PMHe still has that 2 year out. They didn't change that when they gave him 6 to get back 4..

After the rework, that "out" is looking less attractive, with it now generating more dead money ($22,210,000) than cap savings ($19,395,000)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 06, 2023, 01:07:44 PMAfter the rework, that "out" is looking less attractive, with it now generating more dead money ($22,210,000) than cap savings ($19,395,000)
Or half that post June 1st. Hardly staking their reputations and jobs on him. He still has a lot to prove this year Rich. I would love to see a Pre-season DJ transition into Regular-season DJ. It remains to be seen. For what it's worth, I think he's going to be more than fine.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 06, 2023, 01:11:40 PMOr half that post June 1st. Hardly staking their reputations and jobs on him. He still has a lot to prove this year Rich. I would love to see a Pre-season DJ transition into Regular-season DJ. It remains to be seen. For what it's worth, I think he's going to be more than fine.

Schoen's job would presumably be safe (GMs usually have more job security than HCs) should Jones crash and burn to the point that they use their emergency exit.   Not sure the same would be said of Daboll, as the Giants haven't exactly been patient with head coaches since parting ways with Coughlin. 

Of course, there is more than just Jones involved in the evaluation.   The moves they made this offseason were that of a team who believes they are contending.   The Giants maxed out their cap spending (albeit without borrowing much from the future).  They traded away draft picks and made no moves to increase the number of picks they get in the future.

If they were wrong about Jones and this team isn't a contender and needs another tear-down rebuild, it's hard to say just how secure anyone's job would be.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 06, 2023, 01:19:57 PMSchoen's job would presumably be safe (GMs usually have more job security than HCs) should Jones crash and burn to the point that they use their emergency exit.   Not sure the same would be said of Daboll, as the Giants haven't exactly been patient with head coaches since parting ways with Coughlin. 

Of course, there is more than just Jones involved in the evaluation.   The moves they made this offseason were that of a team who believes they are contending.   The Giants maxed out their cap spending (albeit without borrowing much from the future).  They traded away draft picks and made no moves to increase the number of picks they get in the future.

If they were wrong about Jones and this team isn't a contender and needs another tear-down rebuild, it's hard to say just how secure anyone's job would be.

Why would they need a tear-down rebuild? Just replace the QB.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DragonSoul

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 06, 2023, 12:16:32 PMI don't think Rudolph broke any new ground on his assessment.  I do think the long time TE with a few Pro Bowls under his belt who played with many QBs (who is now retired and free to speak his mind) including Daniel Jones has an opinion that's worth listening to and considering
You are correct. He stated the obvious that the real fans and media who do their research know & understand. Just another voice echoing the obvious which many others go by the macro view vs micro.

Most never talk about what he had to deal with as well as the things he did do well. Like Matts interview on the huddle. He suggested DJ play small ball, w/o knowing as an analysts that DJ was and has been very good as a deep thrower and accurate as well.

I'd assume when people speak on a topic/subject they would do the research, instead they spew Macro views that came from other people vs doing their own research. This is when perception becomes reality for the masses that are ill informed,

Can't wait for Sunday Night and how many will make excuses why DJ won and Dak & cowboys lost.

Rambo89

Quote from: DragonSoul on September 06, 2023, 01:38:49 PMYou are correct. He stated the obvious that the real fans and media who do their research know & understand. Just another voice echoing the obvious which many others go by the macro view vs micro.

Most never talk about what he had to deal with as well as the things he did do well. Like Matts interview on the huddle. He suggested DJ play small ball, w/o knowing as an analysts that DJ was and has been very good as a deep thrower and accurate as well.

I'd assume when people speak on a topic/subject they would do the research, instead they spew Macro views that came from other people vs doing their own research. This is when perception becomes reality for the masses that are ill informed,

Can't wait for Sunday Night and how many will make excuses why DJ won and Dak & cowboys lost.

Who are the "Real Fans"? Are they ones who believe Jones is a future HOF'er who will win an MVP this year?
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

kingm56

Quote from: DragonSoul on September 06, 2023, 01:38:49 PMYou are correct. He stated the obvious that the real fans and media who do their research know & understand. Just another voice echoing the obvious which many others go by the macro view vs micro.

I suspect the irony of this post is lost on you?  You literally posted a clip of a former player providing an analysis of a player, then chastise those who listen to such commentary...

It's also the height of arrogance to categorize views that differ from your own as 'ill-informed.' 

DragonSoul

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 06, 2023, 01:54:05 PMWho are the "Real Fans"? Are they ones who believe Jones is a future HOF'er who will win an MVP this year?
The ones that know the roster, its players, strengths and weaknesses. The ones who do the research.

You hear "fans" and even media on the radio, social media and so forth talk about their team or a team and not know there record (based on whatever they happen to bring up), how to say/spell the players(s) name, or if the player is even on our/their team anymore.

If you did the research you can believe DJ will suck or become a HOF, that's up to you if you can back it up with facts, more power to you. We can agree to disagree. Like last year when DJ had a rough start in training camp, people right away wanted Taylor over DJ. This year Tommy looked better than Taylor as preseason went on. Think Tommy could have had a chance at 2nd qb, if the coaches deemed it. They wanted Taylor and while I preferred Tommy, I respect the coaches decisions because they have more info atm. But we have also seen many coaches not make moves or changes when it has been obvious.

I believe DJ has a bright future, but I'm not putting him in the HOF lol, time will tell where he lands.

DragonSoul

Quote from: kingm56 on September 06, 2023, 02:08:51 PMI suspect the irony of this post is lost on you?  You literally posted a clip of a former player providing an analysis of a player, then chastise those who listen to such commentary...

It's also the height of arrogance to categorize views that differ from your own as 'ill-informed.' 
First, he stated facts based on being there with the team. It wasn't like a talking head who didn't have first hand knowledge.

There are some I agree with, some that I know of others never heard of but heard there input based on research/facts.

Everyone can have their opinions. I remember the opinions on Eli and Tiki early on. I felt they were gonna be great, and they became that, others felt other way.

I felt Ben McAdoo wasn't a great coached even when we had a great record and got into the playoffs. I was correct. I thought Joe would be potentially a good coach based on the teachers he had, his incoming speech, but I saw that wasn't the case a year later and was wrong.

People can have any opinion they want.