News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What were your 2022 expectations vs 2023 expectations?

Started by DragonSoul, September 06, 2023, 01:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSoul

In 22 I just wanted a competent FO/Coaching staff. I figured we be somewhere around 5-7 wins if all went well (rare time I felt playoffs were a pipe dream & not really a second thought, just wanted to see improvement).

I wanted to see the coaching staff help improve and coach up the players we had. Surprisingly they elevated our top players and improved players as best they could that are no longer in the league or on PS and then found some gems on the wavier wire.

I was also interested to see how DJ would play. While he did generally play small ball he played it as the coaches wanted based on the talent around and he did a great job of it.

In 2023 I expect improvements to players, I see a 9-11 games won and another playoff berth.

Hopefully the oline takes a step forward and they coach up the rookie CBS well.

Have the FO keep finding gems which they potentially did with several trades this year and DJ continues to take steps forward and with all that has been added and his abilities that we have seen, that should be fairly certain.

Obviously in 22 I was just hoping for hope, signs of competence all around as well as improvements.

In 23 I want to see all that be built upon and just steady and continues improvements. No 1 hit wonders. Time to finally go and grab a second consecutive playoff berth.

If we believe the giants are gonna improve based on 2 years being under the same system, coaching staff and the added improvements on both sides of the ball. We have a chance to surprise many but obviously oline play, rookie cbs and health play a role in that. We still have holes to fill as well and depth, but we are a much improved team from last year to this year imho.

:Giants:

Thegratefulhead

The 2022 NYG exceeded my bullish expectations. I thought they would make a run at the playoffs. 

They won a playoff game on the road.

I am once again more bullish than most.

We will compete for the division title this year.

I think we are one of the best team's in the NFL.

We are young, hungry and ascending.

We have the best top 3 in the sport in HC OC and DC.

The Eagles will fall some due to expectations and the loss of both coordinators.

The advantage in leadership is going to get us out of the gate running.

We are going to beat Dallas.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Dgoodmantrublu

I expected 4 wins last year. This year I am predicting 11. The talent turnaround is astounding.

AZGiantFan

If they exceed 2022's performance by as much as their 2022 performance exceeded my 2022 expectations they will not only win the Superbowl, they'll go undefeated doing it.  =))
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Philosophers

My 2022 prediction was sub 0.500 for sure such as 7-10.  My 2023 is 9-8 to 10-7 but having played a much tougher schedule so that is real improvement.

Jaime

I don't buy into the "Tougher sched yarn" remember, it's not who you play, it's when you play them that counts.
2022 I was a 6 - 11 guy.
In 2023 I'm all in for 10 - 7 and 2 Playoff W's.

Painter

Too many good, positive things have occurred in terms of staff and team for me to sustain an otherwise cynical attitude.

That said, in all my so many years of posting here and earlier, I have never actually predicted a Giants W/L that wasn't my longstanding cop out of 8-8 +/-2.

But that was never because I felt that if you are optimistic, and wrong, you're a fool whereas if you foresee doom that never occurs, nobody bothers to correct your error. That's the media's game not mine.

My reasoning has always been the same which is that an NLF season is the essence of unpredictability as the Giants alone have twice proven to the GOAT and his Pats in the past 15 years as the Jerrahboys have not in the past 25+

Simply put, I see no benefit to guessing when all I am good for is hoping and rooting like hell. For those who feel otherwise, I say "Go for it"

Cheers!

Rambo89

Quote from: Philosophers on September 06, 2023, 07:00:55 PMMy 2022 prediction was sub 0.500 for sure such as 7-10.  My 2023 is 9-8 to 10-7 but having played a much tougher schedule so that is real improvement.

I am of a similar belief that last year I had them anywhere from 5-7 wins prior to the season and was blown away by how they ended up being.  This year I see them anywhere from 7-9 wins but with a much tougher schedule even if they miss the playoffs and finish 8-9 or 7-10 I would see that as an improvement long term.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18