News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Where was Kayvon all day?

Started by andrew_nyGiants, September 18, 2023, 07:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

Are my expectations too high for this kid?

Why wasn't he having any real impact throughout the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Gman329

He was invisible, except when I noticed the tight end stonewalling him on a blitz or the OT pushing him wide and out of the play.  At a time when you'd be expecting a guy with his pedigree to bloom, he's becoming a "JAG" - just another guy. 

kartanoman

Quote from: Gman329 on September 18, 2023, 08:17:13 AMHe was invisible, except when I noticed the tight end stonewalling him on a blitz or the OT pushing him wide and out of the play.  At a time when you'd be expecting a guy with his pedigree to bloom, he's becoming a "JAG" - just another guy. 

Seeing him live, yesterday, he looks way too small, way too slow off the line. I'm not sure what Wink is having him do, but he struggled to pressure the QB or get in the backfield to stop the RB.

Unless that was strategic as a part of Wink's game plan, I'm at a loss as much as you are.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Stringer Bell

KT is the invisible man when it comes to the football field. Yet he's all over Twitter and Instagram building his brand.

I get that Wink values the back end of the defense holding up their end a bit more than stud pass rushers, but it's almost impossible in today's NFL for a secondary to do their job when every QB they face has ALL DAY to throw.

Maybe KT should swap jerseys with Campbell, as he's becoming synonymous with '0'.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

BluesCruz

hesa late starter....last year he had a very effective 2nd half of the season
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Jclayton92

I know you guys are worried about KT but Williams and Lawrence and Bobby OK aren't doing superb either.

Trench

Quote from: kartanoman on September 18, 2023, 08:24:07 AMSeeing him live, yesterday, he looks way too small, way too slow off the line. I'm not sure what Wink is having him do, but he struggled to pressure the QB or get in the backfield to stop the RB.

Unless that was strategic as a part of Wink's game plan, I'm at a loss as much as you are.

Peace!

Excellent observations.

TDToomer

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 18, 2023, 09:19:21 AMI know you guys are worried about KT but Williams and Lawrence and Bobby OK aren't doing superb either.

I thought Okereke had a great game and was all over the field in the 2nd half. We finally have a MLB.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Stringer Bell

I don't think Lawrence or Okereke have been strong in the first 2 games - they haven't been invisible, but I don't think they've made too much of an impact, either. And certainly not at the level of their contracts.

Speaking of which, Williams has been pretty terrible. Absolutely invisible through 2 games, it will be huge getting his albatross contract off our books. Not sure why some were promoting extending him before the season.

andrew_nyGiants

Well all things being equal, the entire defense has given up an average of 34 points per game, so they're All Bad!

But Kayvon is the only player on this defense for whom we gave up a 5th overall and from whom we expected game changing ability.

Are we missing something on these 5th and 7th (Neal) overall picks with so many claims that we won that draft?

Are their position coaches to blame?

Are they the wrong fit for the scheme?

What am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Stringer Bell on September 18, 2023, 09:39:40 AMI don't think Lawrence or Okereke have been strong in the first 2 games - they haven't been invisible, but I don't think they've made too much of an impact, either. And certainly not at the level of their contracts.

Speaking of which, Williams has been pretty terrible. Absolutely invisible through 2 games, it will be huge getting his albatross contract off our books. Not sure why some were promoting extending him before the season.

Only to lower his cap hit for this year.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: B1GBLUE on September 18, 2023, 03:24:46 PMOnly to lower his cap hit for this year.

It makes no sense to lower his cap hit this year if it means having to add more years to his deal. We don't want someone putting up goose eggs across the board staying any longer than he has to. Move on and find someone who can actually contribute.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Stringer Bell on September 18, 2023, 03:45:25 PMIt makes no sense to lower his cap hit this year if it means having to add more years to his deal. We don't want someone putting up goose eggs across the board staying any longer than he has to. Move on and find someone who can actually contribute.

which is why they didnt. they are gonna eat the huge hit this year, hope that he plays decent, and let him walk free and clear next year. it sucks, but like you said, why extend him to continue the mediocre play. the other option was outright cut him, but that would have been a lot of dead money, and he is probably still better than his backups.

Giant Obsession

The longer I breath air, I think if you have a really sharp scouting system the intelligent, building for the future thing to do is to trade out of the first round and the potential inherent quicksand it brings.

Unless of course you want to sell your soul if another LT appears.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon