News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Where was Kayvon all day?

Started by andrew_nyGiants, September 18, 2023, 07:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo89

https://twitter.com/snygiants/status/1704244585038336102?s=61

Wow and now he is going after the fans.  I thought Strahan was mentoring him?  If there are two battles as an athlete in NY you will never win it's fighting the media and/or the fans especially when you aren't producing.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Trench

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 19, 2023, 06:12:58 PMhttps://twitter.com/snygiants/status/1704244585038336102?s=61

Wow and now he is going after the fans.  I thought Strahan was mentoring him?  If there are two battles as an athlete in NY you will never win it's fighting the media and/or the fans especially when you aren't producing.

I'm close to being done with this guy after disrespecting fans after his play has been subpar. Wink got on him in camp now we know why. He can take his brand elsewhere.

kingm56

Quote from: Trench on September 19, 2023, 06:47:59 PMI'm close to being done with this guy after disrespecting fans after his play has been subpar. Wink got on him in camp now we know why. He can take his brand elsewhere.

I don't see the issue, Trench.  The fans were booing them during the first half...many of them gave up after the 2d Qtr.  He was expressing his displeasure at the fans giving up so soon.  I don't have an issue with his comments as they're accurate. 

True Blue

I'm perfectly fine with Thins comments about fans as well

He needs to produce, he needs to make plays, but I don't have any issue with what he said

Trench

Quote from: kingm56 on September 19, 2023, 07:08:18 PMI don't see the issue, Trench.  The fans were booing them during the first half...many of them gave up after the 2d Qtr.  He was expressing his displeasure at the fans giving up so soon.  I don't have an issue with his comments as they're accurate. 

The professional thing to say is "the fans pay good money to see us perform and when we don't hit the mark they are free to boo us.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: kingm56 on September 19, 2023, 07:08:18 PMI don't see the issue, Trench.  The fans were booing them during the first half...many of them gave up after the 2d Qtr.  He was expressing his displeasure at the fans giving up so soon.  I don't have an issue with his comments as they're accurate. 

King,

You make a good point. Nothing he said is not factually accurate. To just jump on the guy for saying something that is 100% true may be a knee-jerk move.

Still, I guess the counterpoint is that when you're an entertainer getting paid millions a year to play a ball game, and the fans are the sole reason you're making all this money, and so many of them are paycheck-to-paycheck working folks, common sense would suggest that you avoid biting the hand that feeds.

Trench

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 19, 2023, 07:57:29 PMKing,

You make a good point. Nothing he said is not factually accurate. To just jump on the guy for saying something that is 100% true may be a knee-jerk move.

Still, I guess the counterpoint is that when you're an entertainer getting paid millions a year to play a ball game, and the fans are the sole reason you're making all this money, and so many of them are paycheck-to-paycheck working folks, common sense would suggest that you avoid biting the hand that feeds.

Good points all around

sxdxca38

You got blown out 40-0 in your last game. The fans paid a lot of money to watch you at home, and you let them down.

You were down 28-7 before the comeback, which is a total of 68-7 in 6 quarters of play, and the fans who paid a lot of money to see you perform were completely let down, and they don't have a right to boo? or complain?

Just something to think about?

TDToomer

What booing? We were the road team. Yeah there were plenty of Giants as shown on TV but enough to rattle him? 

As for Strahan mentoring him I never understood why that was even a thing when no former Giants stepped up to mentor Toney or Baker. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Dgoodmantrublu

He's pissed off about people calling him a bust who don't know what he's being asked to do. I don't blame him.

GloryDays

I always thought Thibs did not have that physical stature and strength to dominate as a pass-rusher. I was pleasantly surprised last year. Let's hope he can find the moves and added strength to do the job he is rightfully expected to be able to do.

Rambo89

Quote from: GloryDays on September 19, 2023, 10:44:31 PMI always thought Thibs did not have that physical stature and strength to dominate as a pass-rusher. I was pleasantly surprised last year. Let's hope he can find the moves and added strength to do the job he is rightfully expected to be able to do.

What is this based on?  Not sure where the idea that he doesn't have the physical strength to be a good pass rusher.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18