News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Opening drive of tonight’s 1st game

Started by andrew_nyGiants, September 25, 2023, 07:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

I consider myself an objective observer (as in not 100% but hoping) of Daniel Jones.

Did anyone see the protection TB's OL was providing Mayfield?

I dare say that if we protected DJ like that (especially against that Eagle front) and had open receivers like that: he would carve them up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

DragonSoul

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on September 25, 2023, 07:24:06 PMI consider myself an objective observer (as in not 100% but hoping) of Daniel Jones.

Did anyone see the protection TB's OL was providing Mayfield?

I dare say that if we protected DJ like that (especially against that Eagle front) and had open receivers like that: he would carve them up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Please stop with logic!  /sarcasm/

JT39

If you watch any game - you will see QBs do get pressured and make plays. They're a lot of great QBs in this league.

However - what you don't see is them being pressured as much or as quickly as Jones?

Does Jones miss WRs at times cause of the pressure - I'm sure. But wouldn't it be nice to see him drop back 30 times a game and get pressured like 3 or 4 times?

Rambo89

Just get Jones a 90's like Cowboys offensive line where he has 30 seconds to see the whole field and then we'll get to see what he is capable of
 /sarcasm/ 
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

katkavage

Quote from: JT39 on September 25, 2023, 07:59:10 PMIf you watch any game - you will see QBs do get pressured and make plays. They're a lot of great QBs in this league.

However - what you don't see is them being pressured as much or as quickly as Jones?

Does Jones miss WRs at times cause of the pressure - I'm sure. But wouldn't it be nice to see him drop back 30 times a game and get pressured like 3 or 4 times?
[/quote

Most QBs would like that. Very very few do. Jones has to deal with it. That's life for a QB in the NFL.

JT39

Quote from: katkavage on September 25, 2023, 09:44:09 PM
Quote from: JT39 on September 25, 2023, 07:59:10 PMIf you watch any game - you will see QBs do get pressured and make plays. They're a lot of great QBs in this league.

[/quote

Most QBs would like that. Very very few do. Jones has to deal with it. That's life for a QB in the NFL.

Well there's statistical proof that a high majority of the QBs get pressured less. In fact, I believe Jones is highest rushed QB in the league.

TDToomer

Andrew are you seriously praising the Bucs O line based on one opening drive? What about he rest of the game? They scored twice and Mayfield completed 15 passes for 146 yards. White averaged 2.71 YPC!
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs