News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Injured players not practicing

Started by MightyGiants, October 04, 2023, 11:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Art Stapleton
@art_stapleton
#NYGiants TE Daniel Bellinger (knee) will be limited in practice today, per Brian Daboll.

That's a promising sign considering the way Bellinger left the field Monday night. Looked worst case scenario on replays.

His absence forced Giants to use Darren Waller more in-line to help in blocking schemes in Bellinger's spot, which altered some of the game plan.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

This is a shame, although it's less pins and needles now after the Seattle loss. In my opinion that loss most likely ended the season for all intents and purposes.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 04, 2023, 01:07:09 PMThis is a shame, although it's less pins and needles now after the Seattle loss. In my opinion that loss most likely ended the season for all intents and purposes.

The silver lining of losing two "must-win games".  The bad news certainly is less impactful.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

https://x.com/DDuggan21/status/1709616189947748733?s=20

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
No sign of OL Andrew Thomas (hamstring) at practice.

OL John Michael Schmitz (shoulder) and OL Marcus McKethan (knee) were riding exercise bikes at the start of practice. Daboll said he expects McKethan to play on Sunday.

TE Daniel Bellinger (knee), OL Shane Lemieux (groin) and OL Justin Pugh (ramp up) worked on a side field with trainers.

Bellinger came onto the field with a big brace on his knee. Looked like he ditched that, but was clearly favoring his left leg while jogging.
12:57 PM · Oct 4, 2023
·
 Views
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
CB Aaron Robinson is eligible to be activated from the PUP list this week. Asked about his status, Daboll said, "I don't have a great answer for you in terms of when he'll be back. He's making progress but not ready yet."

Daboll said the same applies to practice WR Cole Beasley, who said last week that he feels physically ready to return.
1:05 PM · Oct 4, 2023
·
 View
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 04, 2023, 01:08:05 PMThe silver lining of losing two "must-win games".  The bad news certainly is less impactful.

True.

Look, obviously in the NFL, as we all know stranger things have happened than an 11.5 point underdog winning outright. So I realize the season isn't 100% over at this point, but even if we split the next two games we're still only 2-4. It's just not looking good right now.

Admittedly, if we had won the Seattle game, we were likely going to be looking at 2-4 after that, so if we can somehow still get to that I guess there is still a shred of hope.

But I'm obviously grasping at straws with the above. At this point, as a Giants fan I'm more concerned with the macro outlook and strategy than I am with the week-to-week micro stuff. If they somehow surprise me and pull a miraculous turnaround and get back into the hunt, then I'll be delighted, but I have mentally priced that possibility pretty much out at this point and resigned myself to the reality that the season is over. Sad to have that reality come over you in the first week of October, but it is what it is.

Rambo89

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 04, 2023, 01:07:09 PMThis is a shame, although it's less pins and needles now after the Seattle loss. In my opinion that loss most likely ended the season for all intents and purposes.

Their chances of playing meaningful games in December took a major hit with the Monday night loss with their next two opponents staring down the possibility of being 1-5 heading into the Washington game.  Though that game, the Jets game and Raider game appear to be winnable right now those are no locks especially with how poorly they have played to this point.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 04, 2023, 01:12:17 PMTheir chances of playing meaningful games in December took a major hit with the Monday night loss with their next two opponents staring down the possibility of being 1-5 heading into the Washington game.  Though that game, the Jets game and Raider game appear to be winnable right now those are no locks especially with how poorly they have played to this point.

Agreed. And with the way we look out there right now, I don't think we'd be anything close to a "lock" against any NFL team. Most power rankings right now have us no better than 29th, and I don't disagree. Putting up 3 points at home off 11 days prep time against a legitimately bad defense is as inept as it gets.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 04, 2023, 01:12:08 PMTrue.

Look, obviously, in the NFL, as we all know stranger things have happened than an 11.5 point underdog winning outright. So I realize the season isn't 100% over at this point, but even if we split the next two games we're still only 2-4. It's just not looking good right now.

Admittedly, if we had won the Seattle game, we were likely going to be looking at 2-4 after that, so if we can somehow still get to that I guess there is still a shred of hope.

But I'm obviously grasping at straws with the above. At this point, as a Giants fan I'm more concerned with the macro outlook and strategy than I am with the week-to-week micro stuff. If they somehow surprise me and pull a miraculous turnaround and get back into the hunt, then I'll be delighted, but I have mentally priced that possibility pretty much out at this point and resigned myself to the reality that the season is over. Sad to have that reality come over you in the first week of October, but it is what it is.

Before the Eagles game, I was very concerned about Thomas's setback.  I felt strongly they needed Thomas to shore up the line.  I spent some time trying to find Daboll's exact quote about the setback, hoping there was a sliver of hope in the wording.

Now, I am like, yikes, this injury mess is getting worse and worse.  Only I remember something my mother said to me once.  When I was a child, I was talking with a friend about which of us had swam in the deepest body of water.  Like the deeper, the more dangerous and all that.  I think we asked my mother about it in an effort to get a ruling.  Her response was, "What difference does it make?  Once the water is over your head it's all the same."

That's how I feel about the Giants, especially the next two games.  The water is already over my head, so deeper doesn't make a difference.

Of course, I have to consider the forum as well.  The Giants' recent success had us seeing new members.  I am sure once it's established they are once again a bad team, that trickle of new members will stop. :(
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

JT39

I dont want to get into a huge debate. But if Thomas and JMS are out, and a couple others are banged up. I really worry about the health of Jones. He took some massive hits. There was one tweet showing him banging his head off the ground that looked pretty serious.

Its going to be ugly for a few weeks. Maybe even longer.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: JT39 on October 04, 2023, 01:24:16 PMI dont want to get into a huge debate. But if Thomas and JMS are out, and a couple others are banged up. I really worry about the health of Jones. He took some massive hits. There was one tweet showing him banging his head off the ground that looked pretty serious.

If it's any consolation I have a feeling Jones could be coming out of this game if it gets out of hand due to the offense being inept again. Hopefully that isn't the case, but I doubt they'll leave him in there to be pounded into the turf repeatedly if the game is not in question. Needless to say I could be wrong about that though.

MightyGiants

Quote from: JT39 on October 04, 2023, 01:24:16 PMI dont want to get into a huge debate. But if Thomas and JMS are out, and a couple others are banged up. I really worry about the health of Jones. He took some massive hits. There was one tweet showing him banging his head off the ground that looked pretty serious.

No doubt that the poor quality/lack of depth on the O-line combined with the Giants' chronic failings to keep players healthy could cause even more problems.

Here is the play I believe you are talking about

https://x.com/PLeonardNYDN/status/1709546666343162231?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE