News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Injured players not practicing

Started by MightyGiants, October 04, 2023, 11:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 04, 2023, 01:24:16 PMI dont want to get into a huge debate. But if Thomas and JMS are out, and a couple others are banged up. I really worry about the health of Jones. He took some massive hits. There was one tweet showing him banging his head off the ground that looked pretty serious.

Its going to be ugly for a few weeks. Maybe even longer.

It's why it's going to be important for him to get rid of the ball quickly.  However, that also could feed into bad habits of going to safe underneath routes which the opposition has been anticipating more frequently.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

JT39

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 04, 2023, 01:30:57 PMIt's why it's going to be important for him to get rid of the ball quickly.  However, that also could feed into bad habits of going to safe underneath routes which the opposition has been anticipating more frequently.

I dont really want to debate how Jones is as a QB. But ill take your opinion of how you like shots being taken downfield. I would like that as well, but I mean can it even be done? Short quick decisions are ok from time to time but the defenses pick up on it as well.

I dont think he can win at this point. And it doesnt excuse his poor play from monday. Its just sad to be a Giants fan today.

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 04, 2023, 01:35:02 PMI dont really want to debate how Jones is as a QB. But ill take your opinion of how you like shots being taken downfield. I would like that as well, but I mean can it even be done? Short quick decisions are ok from time to time but the defenses pick up on it as well.

I dont think he can win at this point. And it doesnt excuse his poor play from monday. Its just sad to be a Giants fan today.

It's not a Jones debate it's a how the Giants can compensate for the injuries to the line with game planning.  You can't fully replace guys who are out but you can try little things to game plan around it to lessen the blow.  If Bellinger is able to go that would give them the option of running 2 TE sets that they were starting to run Monday night before he got hurt.  Maybe they insert an extra linemen instead if he isn't able to go.

And when I say short quick decisions it doesn't mean just throwing quick underneath routes or screen passes but also anticipatory throws where you are getting rid of it before a receiver breaks anticipating they will get to where you throw it.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

nb587

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 04, 2023, 12:20:11 PMArt Stapleton
@art_stapleton
#NYGiants TE Daniel Bellinger (knee) will be limited in practice today, per Brian Daboll.

That's a promising sign considering the way Bellinger left the field Monday night. Looked worst case scenario on replays.

His absence forced Giants to use Darren Waller more in-line to help in blocking schemes in Bellinger's spot, which altered some of the game plan.
I don't get how a team with such a weak OL can afford 2 TEs who really don't block?    Using Waller inside is such a waste of his talents.

LennG

Quote from: JT39 on October 04, 2023, 01:24:16 PMI dont want to get into a huge debate. But if Thomas and JMS are out, and a couple others are banged up. I really worry about the health of Jones. He took some massive hits. There was one tweet showing him banging his head off the ground that looked pretty serious.

Its going to be ugly for a few weeks. Maybe even longer.

Ugley for the next few weeks

Have you not been watching the first 4 games? It has been ugly from the get go.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

JT39

Quote from: LennG on October 04, 2023, 02:31:59 PMUgley for the next few weeks

Have you not been watching the first 4 games? It has been ugly from the get go.

I try to forget...lol

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 04, 2023, 01:43:05 PMIt's not a Jones debate it's a how the Giants can compensate for the injuries to the line with game planning.  You can't fully replace guys who are out but you can try little things to game plan around it to lessen the blow.  If Bellinger is able to go that would give them the option of running 2 TE sets that they were starting to run Monday night before he got hurt.  Maybe they insert an extra linemen instead if he isn't able to go.

And when I say short quick decisions it doesn't mean just throwing quick underneath routes or screen passes but also anticipatory throws where you are getting rid of it before a receiver breaks anticipating they will get to where you throw it.
That's why I've been calling out Dab/Ka. Scheme to your players' strengths and minimize/hide, as much as possible, the weaknesses.

As Rambo said, if the QB can get the ball out quickly to a short route, he can get it out quickly on a deeper route; he and his receivers just need to know that they need to be ready to make the tough catches. Make a couple of them and the defense will back off.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE