News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The football Doc on DJ's neck injury

Started by MightyGiants, October 08, 2023, 03:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

https://x.com/ProFootballDoc/status/1711104448138006794?s=20

PLAYER INSIGHTS
Ruled out with a neck injury, likely a neck hyperextension on the hit - injured on 16th sack in the last 2 games - Tyrod Taylor in the game - different from his 2021 neck injury - hopefully X-rays don't show a spinous process fracture - no risk of paralysis

https://sicscore.com/nfl/players/daniel-jones
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Messiah717

More from the defender falling on him for no reason.

Trench

How the hell would this guy know without seeing an MRI

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on October 08, 2023, 03:45:09 PMHow the hell would this guy know without seeing an MRI

In medicine, they call it the mechanism of injury.   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: Trench on October 08, 2023, 03:45:09 PMHow the hell would this guy know without seeing an MRI

I absolutely agree.

But this guy has a decent hit rate.

My views on Jones as the Giants QB are irrelevant. I don't want him having neck issues for the rest of his life in pursuit of my entertainment and sporting wants.

Rambo89

Think we just need to wait and see what the evaluation is by tomorrow
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

katkavage

The reality is, Jones and Taylor are very comparable.

Trench

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 08, 2023, 03:46:06 PMIn medicine, they call it the mechanism of injury.   

I work in that same field. To suggest an injury without tests is utterly insane. I know too well what mechanism of injury is thanks

GMenRF

Now they actually playing with effort and calling better plays with DJ on the sideline.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on October 08, 2023, 03:56:40 PMI work in that same field. To suggest an injury without tests is utterly insane. I know too well what mechanism of injury is thanks

As @EDjohnst1981 said, the Football Doc has a high hit rate.  He has that high rate because he combines his medical experience and knowledge with the mechanism of injury to predict (at a high rate) the injury.

Even the Football Doc will say it's not 100%, but it is hyperbolic and inaccurate to claim that his calls are "utterly insane." 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 08, 2023, 04:02:39 PMAs @EDjohnst1981 said, the Football Doc has a high hit rate.  He has that high rate because he combines his medical experience and knowledge with the mechanism of injury to predict (at a high rate) the injury.

Even the Football Doc will say it's not 100%, but it is hyperbolic and inaccurate to claim that his calls are "utterly insane." 

It is IRRESPONSIBLE for ANYONE in the medical profession to opine on this stuff in a public setting while using their professional experience as a data point

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on October 08, 2023, 04:05:38 PMIt is IRRESPONSIBLE for ANYONE in the medical profession to opine on this stuff in a public setting while using their professional experience as a data point

Your claim implies real world consequences if he gets it wrong.  The Giants are not going to treat Jones any differently because of the Doc's comments so what exactly are the real world consequences?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Posting in a public forum to me is the same as telling a family member on scene a patient will or will not be ok. If you're a professional medical provider or responder everyone knows that is not appropriate

DragonSoul

W/o knowing the history, exam results and diagnostic imaging u generally are throwing darts.

They need their 5 mins too. Pathetic really!

DragonSoul

Quote from: Trench on October 08, 2023, 04:13:52 PMPosting in a public forum to me is the same as telling a family member on scene a patient will or will not be ok. If you're a professional medical provider or responder everyone knows that is not appropriate
This!