News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The football Doc on DJ's neck injury

Started by MightyGiants, October 08, 2023, 03:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDjohnst1981

There's clearly some medics on here and that's fair enough.

I'm lawyer but tonight, I'm a sports fan and in the instant gratification of immediate news. I enjoy their point of view and appreciate it.

Rambo89

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

EDjohnst1981

TDToomer

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on October 08, 2023, 04:42:36 PMWas just about to post this.

Fully suspect to see TT next Monday.

I hope he plays Sunday instead.  :D
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Rambo89

Doesn't sound good but we gotta see what the tests come back with tomorrow.  Not jumping the gun yet.

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: TDToomer on October 08, 2023, 04:45:25 PMI hope he plays Sunday instead.  :D

Oh yeah, SNF is Monday morning here. I looked at the schedule this morning and didn't think. My bad!

katkavage

Even if his injury is not as serious as his other neck issue, he should not play against Buffalo. Rest him and get him healthy for the Washington game.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 08, 2023, 04:41:46 PMhttps://x.com/PLeonardNYDN/status/1711119005325381872?s=20

@EDjohnst1981 @TDToomer

Because I don't trust Pat L. I waited to see the actual video.  Pat's depiction of what Jones said wasn't accurate. 

Go to the 30 second mark of the video for the comments in question

https://www.giants.com/video/qb-daniel-jones-on-leaving-with-a-neck-injury
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

You can read DJ's body language clearly. He's uncomfortable in that situation and he's unsure of what he's saying and he's trying to figure things out based on the questions. Rubbing his chin, his earlobes and his forehead.

I find it interesting that he had horizontal movement of his head and had no neck brace. I wonder if he has a slight concussion as he looked somewhat off. I also wonder if Daboll just pulled him after that blindside hit when he said he felt pain as a precaution.

I wouldn't make any judgment without further examination and scans.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 09, 2023, 08:58:59 AMYou can read DJ's body language clearly. He's uncomfortable in that situation and he's unsure of what he's saying and he's trying to figure things out based on the questions. Rubbing his chin, his earlobes and his forehead.

I find it interesting that he had horizontal movement of his head and had no neck brace. I wonder if he has a slight concussion as he looked somewhat off. I also wonder if Daboll just pulled him after that blindside hit when he said he felt pain as a precaution.

I wouldn't make any judgment without further examination and scans.

The interview reminded me of why many think it's bad form to interview a fighter after they have been knocked out

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 09, 2023, 07:08:50 AM@EDjohnst1981 @TDToomer

Because I don't trust Pat L. I waited to see the actual video.  Pat's depiction of what Jones said wasn't accurate. 

Go to the 30 second mark of the video for the comments in question

https://www.giants.com/video/qb-daniel-jones-on-leaving-with-a-neck-injury

I was just sharing that information after the game.  My stance hasn't changed that I am going to wait to hear the full diagnosis probably sometime tokay before jumping to any conclusion.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE