News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I hope

Started by kingm56, October 08, 2023, 04:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingm56

The Giants lose every game this season; nothing is going to change unless something catastrophic happens and we alter our current Paradigm, which we've endured for over a decade now. Going 1 and 16 will force that change and perhaps place this franchise on a successful trajectory.  Selecting the right quarterback can catapult your team similar to the Cincinnati Bengals . However, it's unlikely that changing the Head Coach or offensive coordinator is going to change anything. Moreover, I know drafting a top-tier QB is no guarantee, but I'd rather take a risk, than endure  more of the same.  We need to fundamentally change our foundation. Let's start by trading Barkley.

Messiah717

They need a proper complete rebuild.  Anything short of that and they will stay in the same cycle.

Trench

This was a complete rebuild with the exception of the QB and the RB

Jclayton92

They've got to nail this QB pick. If the bears are 1 then Caleb Williams likely stays in school.

Doc16LT56

In case anyone was wondering, this is what QB hell looks like. I get that a lot of the fan base wanted to believe in the Daniel Jones fairy tale but it is what it is. He was never going to be the next Eli. He has a lot of special gifts but he can't process fast enough to be that guy. Very few people can.

We obviously need a franchise QB. But we shouldn't be paying franchise money for journeyman results while we're waiting for that guy. Which leads me to wonder whether Schoen and Daboll are capable of leading a successful rebuild. Anyone who agreed
with paying Jones all that money is suspect.

I get that Mara is the ultimate roadblock to progress but Schoen and Daboll also deserve their share of the blame for the team's current state.

Curious how others feel. Are you still confident in Schoen and Daboll leading the rebuild? For the record, you don't rebuild a franchise by investing big money in your mediocre QB. So this would be the first proper rebuild since Gettleman took the keys and drove the franchise even further into a ditch.

Messiah717

Quote from: Trench on October 08, 2023, 05:11:28 PMThis was a complete rebuild with the exception of the QB and the RB

It's not when you're bringing back Barkley, adding Waller and throwing $40 million at a QB who hasn't proven anything.

Jclayton92

Yeah we havent had a proper rebuild in a decade ++

Ed Vette

If there's a road to get Caleb Willams, then I'm ok with losing every game the rest of the Season. A Patrick Mahomes clone will fix all their woes.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

AYM

Quote from: Trench on October 08, 2023, 05:11:28 PMThis was a complete rebuild with the exception of the QB and the RB

Was it? We've still got most of the same scouts failing to identify good players.

We need to burn it all down.

AYM

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 08, 2023, 07:04:41 PMIf there's a road to get Caleb Willams, then I'm ok with losing every game the rest of the Season. A Patrick Mahomes clone will fix all their woes.

I don't want this coaching staff around to ruin him if we're in position to draft him.

kingm56

Quote from: AYM on October 08, 2023, 07:08:38 PMI don't want this coaching staff around to ruin him if we're in position to draft him.

Some players are so special coaching doesn't matter; for example, Adam Case and Josh McDaniel are terrible coaches...they didn't hinder Manning or Brady.  Caleb is that kind of talent and the player I covet the most. 

VanPelt

I thought last year Schoen and Daboll was the proper rebuild? Is it over already? Does a rebuild only get 1 season and 5 games?

JT39

Quote from: kingm56 on October 08, 2023, 08:16:24 PMSome players are so special coaching doesn't matter; for example, Adam Case and Josh McDaniel are terrible coaches...they didn't hinder Manning or Brady.  Caleb is that kind of talent and the player I covet the most. 

McDaniels is a horrible HC - but I really like him as an OC. Some people just can't handle the main responsibility. Kind of like Spags.

AYM

Quote from: kingm56 on October 08, 2023, 08:16:24 PMSome players are so special coaching doesn't matter; for example, Adam Case and Josh McDaniel are terrible coaches...they didn't hinder Manning or Brady.  Caleb is that kind of talent and the player I covet the most. 

What did Adam Gase do for Peyton, buy him donuts? He definitely ruined Sam Darnold.

Brady was a 2-time Superbowl winner by the time Josh McDaniels took over as QB coach.

Coaching absolutely matters for a rookie QB though. Look at how Urban Meyer almost made Trevor Lawrence a bust.

kingm56

Quote from: AYM on October 08, 2023, 08:22:17 PMWhat did Adam Gase do for Peyton, buy him donuts? He definitely ruined Sam Darnold.

Brady was a 2-time Superbowl winner by the time Josh McDaniels took over as QB coach.

Coaching absolutely matters for a rookie QB though. Look at how Urban Meyer almost made Trevor Lawrence a bust.

Didn't seem to bother Herbert...

And nobody ruined Sam Donald, he's just not that good. 

Coaching doesn't make great QBs. Great QBs make coaches great.  How's Bill Belichick and Sean Payton doing without their future Hall of Fame quarterbacks?