News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Daniel Jones

Started by Trench, October 08, 2023, 05:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trench

I have been a staunch critic but an even bigger cheerleader and supporter. This thread is meant to highlight his professionalism, effort and humility.

I sincerely appreciate the way this young man conducts himself. Todays postgame comments only cemented that for me. I hope he is ok. I will continue to root like crazy for him. I believe we are going to find out for certain in the next few weeks where his career will be headed but for tonight I simply wish to illustrate a sincerity and appreciation that many NY Football Giants also likely feel.

Tough kid. A good kid. A good Giant.

Lastly, let's remember what the great Yogi Berra always said.

HondurasGiants

Great kid..great professional...not saying he's a world-beater...but the team is failing him miserably...

madbadger

Agreed. If anyone was ever justified in putting his teammates, coaches and organization on blast it's Jones. He is a class act even if he isn't the guy at the position.

Rambo89

Quote from: madbadger on October 08, 2023, 05:46:13 PMAgreed. If anyone was ever justified in putting his teammates, coaches and organization on blast it's Jones. He is a class act even if he isn't the guy at the position.

Jones hasn't been good enough to blast anyone.  But even if he was that's not him.  No one ever questioned his professionalism and toughness but that is only going to take a player so far in the NFL.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Messiah717

The bottom line for me is the Giants being a winning team.  The playoff win not withstanding we have been dealing with mostly mediocrity for way too long now.  One of the worst records in football over those years.

I'm over the this player is a good guy and this player is what our culture is about.  We cleared out the OBJs of the world and what did it get us?  I'm not saying I want criminals in here but can we start worrying about getting winning players? 

madbadger

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 08, 2023, 06:06:28 PMJones hasn't been good enough to blast anyone.  But even if he was that's not him.  No one ever questioned his professionalism and toughness but that is only going to take a player so far in the NFL.

The man has been physically brutalized because of other men's ineptitude. Never said he was a good player but when you get beat pillar to post every weekend you have a right to say something IMHO.

Rambo89

Quote from: madbadger on October 08, 2023, 06:32:51 PMThe man has been physically brutalized because of other men's ineptitude. Never said he was a good player but when you get beat pillar to post every weekend you have a right to say something IMHO.

Some of it is due to his own ineptitude

TDToomer

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 08, 2023, 06:43:05 PMSome of it is due to his own ineptitude

Don't you think you are driving the same point into the ground enough?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Rambo89

Quote from: TDToomer on October 08, 2023, 07:07:46 PMDon't you think you are driving the same point into the ground enough?

No different than others with the offensive line receivers play calling etc

katkavage

Please besides the age difference what really is the difference between Jones and Tyrod Taylor in terms of competent QB play?

Trench

Quote from: katkavage on October 08, 2023, 09:19:04 PMPlease besides the age difference what really is the difference between Jones and Tyrod Taylor in terms of competent QB play?

Ok I'll bite.
Tyrod looks more relaxed when under duress. Less panicky and fast feet. If he gets a full game next week perhaps it will manifest into something productive. On the very least he tries to throw downfield

Jclayton92

Quote from: katkavage on October 08, 2023, 09:19:04 PMPlease besides the age difference what really is the difference between Jones and Tyrod Taylor in terms of competent QB play?
Just the paycheck

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Trench on October 08, 2023, 09:44:27 PMOk I'll bite.
Tyrod looks more relaxed when under duress. Less panicky and fast feet. If he gets a full game next week perhaps it will manifest into something productive. On the very least he tries to throw downfield

I'd love for nothing more than for Tyrod to get a full game next week, so he can look like an absolute disaster behind this JV OL.

Reality is, the rational fanbase are able to acknowledge that DJ has not played well while also pointing out that absolutely no one could perform well behind this terrible OL.

And those with a DJ bias want to put the blame solely on him. Only way to solve this is to give Tyrod the same chance. Granted, even if it happens the DJ haters will just move the goalposts again, but it will be validating all the same.

PSUBeirut

Quote from: Trench on October 08, 2023, 09:44:27 PMOk I'll bite.

The more likely outcome is that he is continuously crushed behind this trash OL and, thus, suddenly is "more panicky" with "fast feet". 

Doc16LT56

Quote from: Stringer Bell on October 08, 2023, 09:59:51 PMI'd love for nothing more than for Tyrod to get a full game next week, so he can look like an absolute disaster behind this JV OL.

Reality is, the rationale fanbase are able to acknowledge that DJ has not played well while also posting out that absolutely no one could perform well behind this terrible OL.

And those with a DJ bias want to put the blame solely on him. Only way to solve this is to give Tyrod the same xxxx. Granted, even if it happens the DJ haters will just move the goalposts again, but it will be validating all the same.

Problem here is Tyrod is a journeyman with a journeyman's contract. Is it considered moving the goalposts if folks want a true franchise QB rather than a Tyrod type making 40 million? Feels like we're back to arguing between Danny Kanell and Kent Graham.