News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Daniel Jones

Started by Trench, October 08, 2023, 05:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trench

Quote from: PSUBeirut on October 08, 2023, 10:02:14 PMThe more likely outcome is that he is continuously crushed behind this trash OL and, thus, suddenly is "more panicky" with "fast feet". 

We'll see

katkavage

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on October 08, 2023, 10:19:00 PMProblem here is Tyrod is a journeyman with a journeyman's contract. Is it considered moving the goalposts if folks want a true franchise QB rather than a Tyrod type making 40 million? Feels like we're back to arguing between Danny Kanell and Kent Graham.
I agree with all this. The Giants are 1-4 with Jones. They would be 1-4 with TT as well. It's all bad, sadly. I'm not arguing. I'm just saying neither most likely can deliver the goods.

Rambo89

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on October 08, 2023, 10:19:00 PMProblem here is Tyrod is a journeyman with a journeyman's contract. Is it considered moving the goalposts if folks want a true franchise QB rather than a Tyrod type making 40 million? Feels like we're back to arguing between Danny Kanell and Kent Graham.

That's was the scary part of yesterday is that to me the offense looked no worse nor better with Taylor than it has with Jones outside of 2 quarters this season.  And again that doesn't absolve the offensive line but there are still weapons in the passing game that are not being utilized that is not on the offensive line.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

MightyGiants

We have witnessed KT and Neal meltdown over some booing.  We have seen Leo also calling out the fans booing.  Yet no Giant in the many decades I have been a fan has been treated as badly by fans, the media, and even his fellow players in the NFL.  Yet this man has been all class, and not once said a bad word towards them, despite being questioned about it repeatedly.   We may be spoiled because the Giants have had two of the classiest QBs in NFL history in Phil Simms and Eli Manning. Still, the sort of class and character Daniel Jones has repeatedly demonstrated is rather rare.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 09, 2023, 09:31:20 AMWe have witnessed KT and Neal meltdown over some booing.  We have seen Leo also calling out the fans booing.  Yet no Giant in the many decades I have been a fan has been treated as badly by fans, the media, and even his fellow players in the NFL.  Yet this man has been all class, and not once said a bad word towards them, despite being questioned about it repeatedly.   We may be spoiled because the Giants have had two of the classiest QBs in NFL history in Phil Simms and Eli Manning. Still, the sort of class and character Daniel Jones has repeatedly demonstrated is rather rare.

What exactly has Jones done on the field production and performance wise that has earned him the benefit of the doubt?  The Giants are the only team that would have handed their QB a big money extension after producing so little in his first four seasons despite spending as much draft capital into propping him up as the Giants have.  Any other team in the league would have moved on from Jones after last season.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 09, 2023, 09:42:08 AMAny other team in the league would have moved on from Jones after last season.

Did you have facts to support this claim?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 09, 2023, 09:48:01 AMDid you have facts to support this claim?

See the Bears with Mitchell Trubisky. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 09, 2023, 09:50:17 AMSee the Bears with Mitchell Trubisky. 

That isn't a fact nor does it properly support your claim.   The fact that you make things up to bash Daniel Jones is a good illustration of the abuse Jones receives from fans.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 09, 2023, 09:54:32 AMThat isn't a fact nor does it properly support your claim.   The fact that you make things up to bash Daniel Jones is a good illustration of the abuse Jones receives from fans.

Actually it does when you take a look at Trubisky's numbers his first four seasons in Chicago and compare them to Jones's.  Very similar.  Only difference is the Bears moved on from Trubisky and the Giants rewarded Jones.

As far as the personal shot at me making things up I am taking that as your frustration of being wrong on Jones.

katkavage

Yes, Daniel Jones has been all class. That's to his credit as a man. But what does that have to do with his playing ability? What does that have to do with results? All that derision that has been heaped on him by boorish fans and haters in the media is rough. The lack of an offensive line and great receivers (but an all world running back at times) made it hard to succeed. All these negative factors, yet Daniel Jones has made some serious money. I give him much credit for keeping his mouth shut while cashing his paycheck.

TDToomer

Dave Brown took it way worse from the fans. Jones has the media on his side. Brown never did. Brown also had opposing players mock his play, Had Mike Ditka crap on him on TV (and got revenge beating the Saints after je returned to the sidelines) and fans booing him endlessly calling him Dave Clown.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Rambo89

Quote from: TDToomer on October 09, 2023, 10:42:41 AMDave Brown took it way worse from the fans. Jones has the media on his side. Brown never did. Brown also had opposing players mock his play, Had Mike Ditka crap on him on TV (and got revenge beating the Saints after je returned to the sidelines) and fans booing him endlessly calling him Dave Clown.

He did get it worse.  Back then the media never deflected to the team around him it was always about his performance.  So this idea that Jones has had it worse than any player in the history of the franchise is just flat out false.

Trench

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 09, 2023, 09:50:17 AMSee the Bears with Mitchell Trubisky. 

Good example. The Bears made a good decision to move on. Unfortunately there decisions afterwards haven't panned out either.

MightyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on October 09, 2023, 10:42:41 AMDave Brown took it way worse from the fans. Jones has the media on his side. Brown never did. Brown also had opposing players mock his play, Had Mike Ditka crap on him on TV (and got revenge beating the Saints after je returned to the sidelines) and fans booing him endlessly calling him Dave Clown.
Quote from: Rambo89 on October 09, 2023, 10:53:11 AMHe did get it worse.  Back then the media never deflected to the team around him it was always about his performance.  So this idea that Jones has had it worse than any player in the history of the franchise is just flat out false.

Dave Brown played before message boards and social media.  There was barely any activity on the internet in those early development days.  So how were you guys able to compare?   I mean back then, fans had access to the evening news, ESPN, and your local paper.  Talk with other fans was limited to fans who you happen to talk football with. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 09, 2023, 12:54:52 PMDave Brown played before message boards and social media.  There was barely any activity on the internet in those early development days.  So how were you guys able to compare?   I mean back then, fans had access to the evening news, ESPN, and your local paper.  Talk with other fans was limited to fans who you happen to talk football with. 

Let's not ignore Sports talk radio existing then and the beating Brown took there in addition to the newspapers which never had the bloggers and others defending Brown.  In fact no one did.