News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Daniel Jones

Started by Trench, October 08, 2023, 05:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

No need to @me, Rich. I'm reading the threads  :P  :ok:

I wasn't in the Dolphins game day thread. However, I just went through the first 100 posts. I counted 40 "negative" comments. Out of the "negative" comments I saw in the first 100, 17 were about Jones and the other 23 were primarily about the offense/offensive line.

That's not 80-85%. That's not even half, definitely not a majority.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 10, 2023, 10:15:54 AMOffensive line gets just as many posts from the same individuals in the game threads.  Yet people aren't complaining about those individuals being harsh critics.  There is a sensitivity level when it comes to Daniel Jones that there isn't with other players and other units.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on October 10, 2023, 10:18:30 AMNo need to @me, Rich. I'm reading the threads  :P  :ok:

I wasn't in the Dolphins game day thread. However, I just went through the first 100 posts. I counted 40 "negative" comments. Out of the "negative" comments I saw in the first 100, 17 were about Jones and the other 23 were primarily about the offense/offensive line.

Just the facts Jack!
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rambo89

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

True Blue

Should others start sending PMs about the constant criticism of the OL, WRs, Coaching, and Defense? It is all hearsay, shouldn't be OK to criticize all but one player, if it truly is a team sport, he should be just as subjected to it as other players, coaches, decision makers and positional groups. One can just as easily argue that the OL and WR criticisms are just as constant or "severe", if not moreso

@JT39 contrary to his post above was also highly active in this weeks game thread going back and forth with others with criticism about how Waller and the OL are no good, page 4 of his post history is all dolphins game thread. and there were more posts than that from him too. So I am unsure how he can claim wanting to avoid it, and contributing to what he calls a "wreck"

JT39

Quote from: T200 on October 10, 2023, 10:18:30 AMNo need to @me, Rich. I'm reading the threads  :P  :ok:

I have a lot of ignored posters from when I joined the thread. Those are the only ones who consistently bash Jones. One page had two comments that weren't from them.

If you don't think there's a contingent here who's main goal is to bash Jones then we will agree to disagree.

True Blue

I love this everytime I see it, thank you for the morning laugh lol

Timeless meltdown by TO.

True Blue

Quote from: JT39 on October 10, 2023, 10:27:32 AMI have a lot of ignored posters from when I joined the thread. Those are the only ones who consistently bash Jones. One page had two comments that weren't from them.

If you don't think there's a contingent here who's main goal is to bash Jones then we will agree to disagree.

If they are ignored, how do you know what they are saying, and how do you know what it relates to?

T200

Quote from: JT39 on October 10, 2023, 10:27:32 AMI have a lot of ignored posters from when I joined the thread. Those are the only ones who consistently bash Jones. One page had two comments that weren't from them.

My disagreement with your and Rich's assertion is regarding the "bashing/severe criticism".

JT39

Quote from: T200 on October 10, 2023, 10:32:57 AMMy disagreement with your and Rich's assertion is regarding the "bashing/severe criticism".

It's just game threads either. There were a few threads talking about other units where the same people came in and instantly made it about Jones. It's almost like we can't talk about other position without incorporating Jones some way.

I started a thread about the OL shuffling all preseason and all it took was the 6th post for a poster to say Jones has regressed. And then it just went downward from there.

Rambo89

If this is true so is the contingent here whose main goal is to bash the Offensive line and other offensive players who are not the QB.

Let's be real here we all have our own personal biases that we lean towards in these discussions.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Trench

Quote from: JT39 on October 10, 2023, 09:56:51 AMThe game threads are a wreck. My goal was not to post in it cause I knew the game would be ugly. Mighty isn't far off. Jones gets the blame from about 80-85% of the posts in it.

And when Jones does something well in the game thread it is IMMEDIATELY pointed out and praised. Especially from those who are perceived to be against Jones. On a personal note I'm on record as saying I don't believe he is elite but I am rooting like crazy for him to succeed and to have to eat crow happily. Unfortunately it hasn't happened YET. And I still want this guy to be our franchise QB. But I'm an informed and passionate 2nd generation Giants fan with high expectations. When our guys stink then I will say it. When they do well I will say that too.

I see nothing wrong with this on a message board.

T200

Quote from: JT39 on October 10, 2023, 10:37:29 AMIt's just game threads either. There were a few threads talking about other units where the same people came in and instantly made it about Jones. It's almost like we can't talk about other position without incorporating Jones some way.

I started a thread about the OL shuffling all preseason and all it took was the 6th post for a poster to say Jones has regressed. And then it just went downward from there.
I've already said numerous times that I know that there is incessant dead horse beating. Nothing new is being said. Yet, folks still want to respond to it.

"Hold on... someone else is wrong in another thread. I'll finish my thoughts to you after I correct them... BRB"

TDToomer

This is a great discussion. Now that we have a thread called "Daniel Jones" lets just make this a sticky thread to the top and lock all future threads about Jones. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs