News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Reminder of the OL shuffling all preseason

Started by JT39, October 09, 2023, 08:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT39

If I'm leaving something out, please add.

Rotated the guards all training camp and preseason - never with a set lineup- and this included center.

Forced Peart all preseason, and he was so bad thst he didn't even win the swing tackle position and yet still made the team.

- kept playing Lemieux despite him showing nothing his whole career then started him a game when Daboll stated "we looked at his whole body of work" - he quickly got benched.

- cut Tyree Phillips - our backup swing tackle last year for games. Then, once Thomas got hurt, put in a guy who never took LT snaps who wasn't playing well at guard. And that player has been an utter disaster player LT.

Does this seem like a well coached, organized team? Embarrassing.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

JT39

Giant Jim

I've seen this back in the Judge days. Whose assignment was it to block # 84 (or was it 94?)? No one touched him.

How about Neal? He didn't block anyone. He just stood there waiting for someone to come from the inside.

How about the running back? He ran past the blitzing #84.

The rest of the line gave in quickly, but Jones had no option of rolling to his right with the unblocked DE or LB free.

MightyGiants

I am not sure what I find more surprising:

The complete and utter breakdown of the offensive line (which wasn't that great last year, but there was hope this season)

OR

How the complete failure of this unit has derailed the entire season

-- QB Daniel Jones pressured on 44% of dropbacks Sunday. Has been pressured 81 times this season, 3rd-most by any player through 5 games since ESPN began tracking pressures in 2009.

-- 18 sacks allowed over last 2 games, most by any team in 2-game span since '86 Eagles
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Q. How untenable is it for your quarterback getting hit so much at this point?

BRIAN DABOLL: Yeah, you don't want that. Affecting the quarterback plays an important role in the game, and we got to figure out a way to protect him better.

Q. Do you have the personnel on your team to protect the quarterback?

BRIAN DABOLL: Yeah, I mean, we got to do better job. Just all the way around.

Q. You took OL Joshua Ezeudu out at one point. What was your thinking behind that?

BRIAN DABOLL: Yeah, put (Matt) Peart in there, bring (Joshua Ezeudu) out, settle him down a little bit and let Peart play.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 09, 2023, 08:40:16 AMDoes this seem like a well coached, organized team? Embarrassing.

If the Giants hadn't lost as much as they had due to injury I'd agree with this idea.  But you really can't get on the coaches for injuries missing your All Pro Left Tackle and your center.

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 09, 2023, 09:24:59 AMI am not sure what I find more surprising:

The complete and utter breakdown of the offensive line (which wasn't that great last year, but there was hope this season)

OR

How the complete failure of this unit has derailed the entire season

-- QB Daniel Jones pressured on 44% of dropbacks Sunday. Has been pressured 81 times this season, 3rd-most by any player through 5 games since ESPN began tracking pressures in 2009.

-- 18 sacks allowed over last 2 games, most by any team in 2-game span since '86 Eagles

What I've found surprising is how much Jones has regressed despite having more weapons in the passing game.  He's looked more like a rookie QB than he has a 5th year veteran who just got handed a big contract.

That's not to excuse the line play as missing their All Pro Left Tackle has impacted them along with Neal not improving.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 09, 2023, 09:39:28 AMIf the Giants hadn't lost as much as they had due to injury I'd agree with this idea.  But you really can't get on the coaches for injuries missing your All Pro Left Tackle and your center.

What I've found surprising is how much Jones has regressed despite having more weapons in the passing game.  He's looked more like a rookie QB than he has a 5th year veteran who just got handed a big contract.

That's not to excuse the line play as missing their All Pro Left Tackle has impacted them along with Neal not improving.

The Giants defeated the undefeated Pats by getting pressure on the greatest QB ever in his prime.   So I am baffled how you don't understand how more pressure would as Daboll said, "affect the QB"
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 09, 2023, 09:43:24 AMThe Giants defeated the undefeated Pats by getting pressure on the greatest QB ever in his prime.   So I am baffled how you don't understand how more pressure would as Daboll said, "affect the QB"

Again you're talking about one game with the Super Bowl XLII example.  Sure for one game it will throw off a QB but the good to great QB's elevate those around them consistently.  Their good/great games are the norm not the exception.  With Jones this is the norm.  His good games are the exception.

JT39

Only a matter of time until it was Jones fault or to blame.

The ideas we have "more" weapons in the passing game is just flat out false. The weapons stink too. That's a whole other issue

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 09, 2023, 09:50:10 AMOnly a matter of time until it was Jones fault or to blame.

The ideas we have "more" weapons in the passing game is just flat out false. The weapons stink too. That's a whole other issue

Kinda hard to know whether there are weapons in the passing game when you're only throwing the ball beyond 10 yards 4 times in a game.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 09, 2023, 09:46:15 AMAgain you're talking about one game with the Super Bowl XLII example.  Sure for one game it will throw off a QB but the good to great QB's elevate those around them consistently.  Their good/great games are the norm not the exception.  With Jones this is the norm.  His good games are the exception.

https://x.com/kurt13warner/status/1711334377286734020?s=46&t=1vcQIN8GqF5J2oLdxEVEJQ
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

JT39

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 09, 2023, 09:51:10 AMKinda hard to know whether there are weapons in the passing game when you're only throwing the ball beyond 10 yards 4 times in a game.

Yes because parris Campbell was a stud before coming over here.

Hey your boy Waller had two 50/50 plays thrown down field. He let Eli Apple get the best of him and let a smaller corner take the ball out of his hands.

But those weren't Wallers fault I bet.

This is a thread about the OL. You hijack every thread making it about Jones. We get it. There are a dozen of other threads to talk about Jones. How about keeping it there for once?

You want to add something about our OL - go for it. But it was predictable you would blame Jones or slight him as soon as the the thread started.

JT39

So these guys are assuming Jones is at fault with the protection but don't know what was really called? Lol. Awesome.

What about Bredeson getting abused at the snap and Glowinski not picking up a stunt...

Is that Jones fault too?

Social media experts are the WORST.