News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Kurt Warners tweet about DJ & the Giants.

Started by DragonSoul, October 09, 2023, 10:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babywhales

Brown was in a much better situation and simply could not produce.

First of all, Brown started on bench for 2 seasons behind Hos and then Simms.

Brown had some very good Mike Nolan defenses and also benefited from an much better running game. 

Brown was a deer in headlights and the problem with the offense. 

Back then even the defensive players had turned on Brown and knew he was the problem.

1992 Bench                        Defense #26    Running Game #1       
1993 Bench                        Defense #1      Running game # 10
1994 Starter                       Defense # 8    Running Game #10
1995 Starter                       Defense #16   Running Game #13
1996 Starter                       Defense #10   Running game # 24
1997 Benched for Kennel     Defense # 4   Running game # 7
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Philosophers

Quote from: spiderblue43 on October 09, 2023, 11:57:05 AMHow about Jim Plunkett?
Beaten to a pulp with the Patriots and Niners..but became a great Raider two-time champ.

Didnt Plunkett play behind an Oakland left side OL that are both in the HOF

Rambo89

Quote from: spiderblue43 on October 09, 2023, 11:57:05 AMHow about Jim Plunkett?
Beaten to a pulp with the Patriots and Niners..but became a great Raider two-time champ.

Plunket is an example that makes sense.  He had around the same number of starts in New England as Jones has had with the Giants.  Took a trip to San Francisco before he broke out with the Raiders.  Different era of football but a good example.  Geno Smith and Rich Gannon are not good examples.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

MightyGiants

Quote from: files58 on October 09, 2023, 12:01:31 PMMara said "we've done everything we can to screw this kid up". Some posters have suggested that Mara was an influence behind Jones' contract. Maybe he was as a way to compensate Jones. It was also structured with a two year out to benefit the team. We as fans want more immediate results, and like our "brethren" in Philly would boo Santa Claus. As an NFL owner Mara lives in a completely different Giant world than we do. Some on here(yours truly) have been Giant fans since 66'(the worst, I also have vague memories of 64'). The difference is no matter the record the Mara family cash register always goes ca-ching, ca-ching. We otoh have tv's taking flight out windows(watch out!), shock and dismay, masochists that pay good money for this crap(apologies, no intent to insult), and getting up to puke. Frankly there should be a practice where for producing consistently inferior products owners offer ticket discounts and free parking. Good luck with that.

In fairness, Mara and Tisch certainly opened up their wallets this off-season with big contracts for Jones, Dexter, and Andrew Thomas
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

madbadger

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 09, 2023, 11:47:05 AMIn Gettleman's defense he did draft a starting Left Tackle with the 4th overall pick the year after Jones was drafted.  That guy turned out to become an All Pro Tackle.  Schoen has spent a number of draft capital on linemen.  The Giants have spent more draft capital on linemen than any team in the league yet have gotten the worst ROI of any team in the league.  It's why I don't believe spending another Top 10 draft selection on a linemen in 2024 is the solution.  The Giants need to figure out what they're doing wrong and why their high value investments have given them so little.

You missed the part where I said that it should be done the year of or year after you draft the quarterback. Our line sucked back then. Drafting one lineman doesn't qualify as throwing assets at the line.

GMenRF

Quote from: DragonSoul on October 09, 2023, 11:21:45 AMThat is also my concern to a degree (Ala David Carr). But he was getting killed since joining the team and last year he did his best with what he had he. He may still be able to salvage it if they fix the line by next year. Otherwise there is only so much someone can take.

The things is the Jones haters would be the first ones to throw a block party when we draft a new QB next season.  The problem is with the line being trash the way it is, we are on the same road of screwing the development of that kid.

Fans here don't realize how tough DJ is with his size and build.  Now you put a smaller QB in there in this trash of an oline and that kid will be on the IR by week 5.

On a side note, why TF is Bobby Johnson still a coach for this team.  You figure given how bad this oline is on epic proportions he would have been given the pink slip already.  Back up DEs and DTs are teeing off our QB looking like the next coming of LT against our oline.  I swear if anything, these bums are dogging it out there.

The simple assignment of picking up a twist looks like advance calculus for our guys.

Rambo89

Quote from: GMenRF on October 09, 2023, 03:14:52 PMThe things is the Jones haters would be the first ones to throw a block party when we draft a new QB next season.  The problem is with the line being trash the way it is, we are on the same road of screwing the development of that kid.

Fans here don't realize how tough DJ is with his size and build.  Now you put a smaller QB in there in this trash of an oline and that kid will be on the IR by week 5.

On a side note, why TF is Bobby Johnson still a coach for this team.  You figure given how bad this oline is on epic proportions he would have been given the pink slip already.

The simple assignment of picking up a twist looks like advance calculus for our guys.

Labeling people on here critical of Daniel Jones as being "haters" is not only inaccurate it's also insulting to suggest that we hate and are rooting against him.  And BTW no one who has been critical of Jones has criticized his toughness or professionalism.  But keep running with that false narrative if it makes you feel better.

Jclayton92

He is Sam Darnold at this point and nothing but a fresh start is going to likely fix it.

People can hope all that want but as @kingm56 has stated for the past several years no Qb that has played as many snaps as Jones has ever becomes something more than what they've shown you. Last year was Jones ceiling and that simply isn't good enough in the modern NFL.

Our problem as a team is that the organization held onto him when they should have just started over.

Trench

Quote from: GMenRF on October 09, 2023, 03:14:52 PMThe things is the Jones haters would be the first ones to throw a block party when we draft a new QB next season.  The problem is with the line being trash the way it is, we are on the same road of screwing the development of that kid.

On a side note, why TF is Bobby Johnson still a coach for this team.  You figure given how bad this oline is on epic proportions he would have been given the pink slip already.  Back up DEs and DTs are teeing off our QB looking like the next coming of LT against our oline.  I swear if anything, these bums are dogging it out there.

The Jones or bust crowd will continue to make excuses. That's ok. Time will tell.

DragonSoul

Exactly. No matter who the QB is, if that line isn't fixed from dead last to 15-20 range, it won't matter. Then the same old song and dance will come out. We need ANOTHER new qb. Unless of course the QB that was taken they have a man crush on, then they will give them till the end of time.

Grass is not always greener & I agree the Oline & ST coaches needed to be fired last year. No excuses. Those two areas are the worst and for some reason so if the wr group. Catch and drop, catch & fall right down, barely getting separation. Then again, that can be partially the line not holding up to give them time.

They have similar wr speed as the Fins and there is nothing there. Maybe it is the play calling as well.

Rambo89

Quote from: DragonSoul on October 09, 2023, 06:27:42 PMExactly. No matter who the QB is, if that line isn't fixed from dead last to 15-20 range, it won't matter. Then the same old song and dance will come out. We need ANOTHER new qb. Unless of course the QB that was taken they have a man crush on, then they will give them till the end of time.

Grass is not always greener & I agree the Oline & ST coaches needed to be fired last year. No excuses. Those two areas are the worst and for some reason so if the wr group. Catch and drop, catch & fall right down, barely getting separation. Then again, that can be partially the line not holding up to give them time.

They have similar wr speed as the Fins and there is nothing there. Maybe it is the play calling as well.

Offensive line needs to be in the 1-5 range for Daniel Jones anything less is unacceptable. 

GMenRF

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 09, 2023, 06:57:15 PMOffensive line needs to be in the 1-5 range for Daniel Jones anything less is unacceptable. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-2023-offseason

PFF had us projected with at 29 and this is with the addition of JMS along with last year's performance.  We were garbage last year as far as the oline goes but we were 18th in total yards, 26 in passing and 4th in rushing, 18th in scoring on the first year of a new offense.  It wasn't good but at least we were competing and not getting the doors blown off by the second quarter.  Nowhere near the $hit show we've seen since the beginning of the season - and yes Thomas was playing in the first game.  So DJ does not need a top 5 o-line to be competent.  He just needs one to let him at least hit the top of his drop to at least make a read and throw the ball. 

How is it that with better skill position players the offense as a whole has fallen off the face of the earth.  I swear if these bums are not just dogging it out there or something else is the issue.  Because to be this historically bad as an offense is unheard of.

T200

Quote from: DragonSoul on October 09, 2023, 10:53:58 AMhttps://twitter.com/kurt13warner/status/1711334377286734020

Funny how the pros and announcers can see the issue, yet others are blinded by their own Bias.

I stated just recently, his passes are rushed based on the pressure he gets (internal clock speeds up) and the only thing he can do is get rid of it asap. If not he will get injured & unfortunately he did. And even TT who was in for a short while was getting nailed.

We will be last years 49ers revolving QBs. Kudos to the FO & the people who think that the oline is just fine- lmao.. JB looks worse than DJ with a bad oline as well, but JB gets a pass & DJ gets the blame. Any great qb will look bad if their oline stinks. This oline will probably be historically bad. And they still haven't started the same 5 from week 1 till this point.
First, we're all biased.

Second, just because a pro or two agrees with your line of thinking doesn't make you right.

Third, no one on this site has said the offensive line is not a problem. I challenge you or anyone to find a single post that genuinely claims that Jones is the sole problem with this offense.

Last, the intellectual DIShonesty on this site is absurd. The words are WRITTEN for everyone to see, yet some of you read and misinterpret how you see fit so long as it lines up with your own personal narrative.

Not sure how much more I can take of this place.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DragonSoul

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 09, 2023, 06:57:15 PMOffensive line needs to be in the 1-5 range for Daniel Jones anything less is unacceptable. 
It was obvious from the start, because you make it so easy. Keep at it!  :ok:

DragonSoul

Quote from: T200 on October 09, 2023, 11:41:36 PMFirst, we're all biased.

Second, just because a pro or two agrees with your line of thinking doesn't make you right.

Third, no one on this site has said the offensive line is not a problem. I challenge you or anyone to find a single post that genuinely claims that Jones is the sole problem with this offense.

Last, the intellectual DIShonesty on this site is absurd. The words are WRITTEN for everyone to see, yet some of you read and misinterpret how you see fit so long as it lines up with your own personal narrative.

Not sure how much more I can take of this place.

1- Bias can be case be case basis. Fair point.

2- Putting posts up and people can decide how to digest the information & if it holds any weight (or is it only one side allowed, not the other or even a middle ground?).

I have knocked players I fully supported like Eli with his TO's (some due to wrs) but that was early on generally and his horrible sliding. Tiki when he was fumbling. Majority was self-inflicted, others were not. But it was all in context and need some patience. Again context.

3- Oh I have seen insinuations of it just being DJ, or any time to knock him, but when he has played great, not even a squeak. Again he can be blamed for things no doubt, but gotta see the big picture. I mentioned before how have the top players looked when their oline plays horrible. And all qbs have bad throws, seen quite a few this weekend even from great qbs. Now if it is an easy layups & becomes a trend, then it is a concern. How about that dime he dropped into waller near the end zone that he dropped?

4- I joined this site a long time ago, but just recently started being active. It reminds me of the old Giants forums, maybe not to that extreme. You have 2 sides who occasionally meet in the middle. As well as some who are neutral. And all sides have their moments when they get frustrated with our favorite team & need to let off some steam whether it is warranted or not.

Then you have trolls that want to have their fun (no matter the side).

5- Not sure if they have the feature for the forum, if not maybe they can add it. A block user feature. Helps you ignore the person/people you want.