News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Kurt Warners tweet about DJ & the Giants.

Started by DragonSoul, October 09, 2023, 10:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo89

Quote from: GMenRF on October 09, 2023, 11:30:13 PMhttps://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-2023-offseason

PFF had us projected with at 29 and this is with the addition of JMS along with last year's performance.  We were garbage last year as far as the oline goes but we were 18th in total yards, 26 in passing and 4th in rushing, 18th in scoring on the first year of a new offense.  It wasn't good but at least we were competing and not getting the doors blown off by the second quarter.  Nowhere near the $hit show we've seen since the beginning of the season - and yes Thomas was playing in the first game.  So DJ does not need a top 5 o-line to be competent.  He just needs one to let him at least hit the top of his drop to at least make a read and throw the ball. 

How is it that with better skill position players the offense as a whole has fallen off the face of the earth.  I swear if these bums are not just dogging it out there or something else is the issue.  Because to be this historically bad as an offense is unheard of.

If it's not top 5 there will be complaints about Jones not having one.  Bottom line the supporting cast will never be good enough for him unless they completely prop him up.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Rambo89

Quote from: DragonSoul on October 10, 2023, 12:13:53 AMIt was obvious from the start, because you make it so easy. Keep at it!  :ok:

Yep keep up the Jones needs everything else around him to be at an elite level because he isn't

JT39

Quote from: DragonSoul on October 10, 2023, 12:32:10 AM1- Bias can be case be case basis. Fair point.

2- Putting posts up and people can decide how to digest the information & if it holds any weight (or is it only one side allowed, not the other or even a middle ground?).

I have knocked players I fully supported like Eli with his TO's (some due to wrs) but that was early on generally and his horrible sliding. Tiki when he was fumbling. Majority was self-inflicted, others were not. But it was all in context and need some patience. Again context.

3- Oh I have seen insinuations of it just being DJ, or any time to knock him, but when he has played great, not even a squeak. Again he can be blamed for things no doubt, but gotta see the big picture. I mentioned before how have the top players looked when their oline plays horrible. And all qbs have bad throws, seen quite a few this weekend even from great qbs. Now if it is an easy layups & becomes a trend, then it is a concern. How about that dime he dropped into waller near the end zone that he dropped?

4- I joined this site a long time ago, but just recently started being active. It reminds me of the old Giants forums, maybe not to that extreme. You have 2 sides who occasionally meet in the middle. As well as some who are neutral. And all sides have their moments when they get frustrated with our favorite team & need to let off some steam whether it is warranted or not.

Then you have trolls that want to have their fun (no matter the side).

5- Not sure if they have the feature for the forum, if not maybe they can add it. A block user feature. Helps you ignore the person/people you want.

I found out you can just ignore posters. Their posts don't show up. It's great. I ignored about 5-6 posters and see much improvement

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 10, 2023, 05:35:33 AMIf it's not top 5 there will be complaints about Jones not having one.  Bottom line the supporting cast will never be good enough for him unless they completely prop him up.

Greg,

Can you provide a link to just one post where a poster here at BBH said Jones must have a top 5 offensive line?   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: DragonSoul on October 10, 2023, 12:32:10 AM1- Bias can be case be case basis. Fair point.

2- Putting posts up and people can decide how to digest the information & if it holds any weight (or is it only one side allowed, not the other or even a middle ground?).

I have knocked players I fully supported like Eli with his TO's (some due to wrs) but that was early on generally and his horrible sliding. Tiki when he was fumbling. Majority was self-inflicted, others were not. But it was all in context and need some patience. Again context.

3- Oh I have seen insinuations of it just being DJ, or any time to knock him, but when he has played great, not even a squeak. Again he can be blamed for things no doubt, but gotta see the big picture. I mentioned before how have the top players looked when their oline plays horrible. And all qbs have bad throws, seen quite a few this weekend even from great qbs. Now if it is an easy layups & becomes a trend, then it is a concern. How about that dime he dropped into waller near the end zone that he dropped?

4- I joined this site a long time ago, but just recently started being active. It reminds me of the old Giants forums, maybe not to that extreme. You have 2 sides who occasionally meet in the middle. As well as some who are neutral. And all sides have their moments when they get frustrated with our favorite team & need to let off some steam whether it is warranted or not.

Then you have trolls that want to have their fun (no matter the side).

5- Not sure if they have the feature for the forum, if not maybe they can add it. A block user feature. Helps you ignore the person/people you want.

2 - There's a difference between posting content for the forum to digest and putting your own spin on it.

Quote from: DragonSoul on October 09, 2023, 10:53:58 AMFunny how the pros and announcers can see the issue, yet others are blinded by their own Bias.

3 - Your response speaks directly to my point about intellectual dishonesty. Go back to the day after the Arizona win and you'll see plenty of squeaks about Jones.

4 - Not agreeing on a topic is not the same as twisting someone's words. Huge difference and too many people create strawmen to argue against and it causes threads to go off the rails because no one wants to be misinterpreted and go into defense mode.

5 - Yes, there is a block feature. Rich and the moderation team have routinely suggested and requested that members use it. Unfortunately, as a moderator, we don't have that luxury. Despite having that feature, it doesn't give members the go-ahead to be aggressive (passively or directly), twists words, or otherwise disrespect other members and then say, "If you don't like what I'm saying, block me."

Frustration is one thing. Arguing about who is more to blame or who deserves the most credit is childish at best. It screams "I need attention!" and it's a huge turn off. Very few people here agree to disagree. The same few people bring up Jones in every thread. The same few people deflect from Jones in every thread. Both sides are annoying as hell.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 10, 2023, 08:18:38 AMGreg,

Can you provide a link to just one post where a poster here at BBH said Jones must have a top 5 offensive line?   

Can you provide a link to multiple posters saying Daniel Jones is a bad QB?

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 10, 2023, 08:42:14 AMCan you provide a link to multiple posters saying Daniel Jones is a bad QB?

You didn't answer my question, which I knew would happen, because you were making up strawman arguments.

As to your challenge, I think one (from you) will do

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 08, 2023, 04:34:36 PMThe Giants don't have a good QB that's for sure and you can't win in this league if you don't have one.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 10, 2023, 08:52:26 AMYou didn't answer my question, which I knew would happen, because you were making up strawman arguments.

As to your challenge, I think one (from you) will do

Doesn't look like that says Jones is a bad QB.  Not good doesn't say bad or imply bad.  But again we're using a strawman argument while accusing others of doing so.

True Blue

Not good and bad are two different things

Average is right inbetween the two

MightyGiants

Quote from: True Blue on October 10, 2023, 08:57:11 AMNot good and bad are two different things

Average is right inbetween the two

In fairness, you and @Rambo89 spend like 90% of your posts bashing Jones (directly or indirectly) or arguing with people who don't share your negative views of Jones.  For two people who claim that they believe he is just an "average QB" that seems rather odd.  If you guys honestly believe he Jones is just an average QB, why the constant need to put the man down, especially when he is playing under what is universally considered very difficult circumstances?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 10, 2023, 08:59:46 AMIn fairness, you and @Rambo89 spend like 90% of your posts bashing Jones (directly or indirectly) or arguing with people who don't share your negative views of Jones.  For two people who claim that they believe he is just an "average QB" that seems rather odd.  If you guys honestly believe he Jones is just an average QB, why the constant need to put the man down, especially when he is playing under what is universally considered very difficult circumstances?
Yes, they post a lot about Jones and it's all repetitive. Nothing new.

But it does not equate to bashing. It's misrepresentation like this that fuels the back and forth.

The incessant repetition is more akin to dead horse beating.

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 10, 2023, 08:59:46 AMIn fairness, you and @Rambo89 spend like 90% of your posts bashing Jones (directly or indirectly) or arguing with people who don't share your negative views of Jones.  For two people who claim that they believe he is just an "average QB" that seems rather odd.  If you guys honestly believe he Jones is just an average QB, why the constant need to put the man down, especially when he is playing under what is universally considered very difficult circumstances?

Kind of like those who spend 95% of their time defending Jones (directly or indirectly) or arguing with people who don't share your positive views of Jones.  If you don't believe Jones is elite why the constant need to defend him and deflect from his own play especially after the Giants just gave him a big contract?

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on October 10, 2023, 09:15:20 AMYes, they post a lot about Jones and it's all repetitive. Nothing new.

But it does not equate to bashing. It's misrepresentation like this that fuels the back and forth.

The incessant repetition is more akin to dead horse beating.

According to Google the definition of "bashing" is "severe criticism"   

I struggle to see how you could claim that is a "misrepresentation"
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 10, 2023, 09:22:11 AMAccording to Google the definition of "bashing" is "severe criticism"   

I struggle to see how you could claim that is a "misrepresentation"
What constitutes "severe" criticism? Saying Jones is a pedestrian QB who doesn't elevate the play of his team is not severe. Saying Jones needs to be propped up to be an above average QB is not severe. That is what they have been saying, repeatedly, in multiple threads, over and over and over and over.

If there's any 'bashing' going on, it's the rest of us that have been subjected to it in every thread.

The misrepresentation is calling it bashing, when it isn't.

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on October 10, 2023, 09:31:31 AMWhat constitutes "severe" criticism? Saying Jones is a pedestrian QB who doesn't elevate the play of his team is not severe. Saying Jones needs to be propped up to be an above average QB is not severe. That is what they have been saying, repeatedly, in multiple threads, over and over and over and over.

If there's any 'bashing' going on, it's the rest of us that have been subjected to it in every thread.

The misrepresentation is calling it bashing, when it isn't.

Claiming Jones "needs everything perfect" to be successful is severe criticism.

When PFF gives Jones a good grade for his gutsy performance on Sunday the reaction is:

Quote from: LennG on October 09, 2023, 04:44:05 PM=))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))  =))

I'm OK, I'm OK, just was stunned a bit.

Those are but two examples of severe criticism

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE