News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Seriously: Are we the worst team in the NFL?

Started by brownelvis54, October 09, 2023, 11:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

According to Yahoo Power Rankings the Giants are 32. Can this be true? And it brings in question....in YOUR mind are we the bottom 3 or bottom 5 in the league? Can you make an argument that we are the worst?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/week-5-nfl-power-rankings-042847732.html
The KING is in the building

MightyGiants

At this point, it's hard to argue with that ranking
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

Rambo89

They're definitely one of the three to four worst teams in the league at this point.  Not sure how it can be argued that a team through 5 games being outscored as much as they have is any where above that bottom 3-4 teams.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Ed Vette

Yes. The showdown for the Cellar will be the battle between the Jones'. By that time, Barkley, Thomas and JMS should come down with a mysterious illness and cave for Caleb.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

spiderblue43

Right there..no question. The Panthers are playing hard and trying to improve though winless. They will pull a couple of upsets.

The Giants? Perhaps they rally healthier against some..but I really rather they trade for draft capital this month.

Until they can aquedately pass and run block..there's little chance of victory even with Thomas and Barkley back. God knows how bad another MNF beat down coming will leave the team.

:surrender:  :sick:

JT39

Coming back and beating Arizona May have cost us a chance to draft Williams or Maye.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: brownelvis54 on October 09, 2023, 11:05:15 AMAccording to Yahoo Power Rankings the Giants are 32. Can this be true? And it brings in question....in YOUR mind are we the bottom 3 or bottom 5 in the league? Can you make an argument that we are the worst?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/week-5-nfl-power-rankings-042847732.html

With Thomas, Barkley and Schmitz out I think we probably are. I mean who is clearly worse right now?

I don't root for the team to lose but at this point losing is better given there is a good chance we'll be in the QB market in the upcoming offseason.

Assuming we lose to Buffalo it makes sense to start stockpiling draft capital by moving vets who aren't in our future plans. Caring about whether we are 5-12 or 3-14 is pointless and silly.

spiderblue43

Question: Whose got the worst point differential in the NFL? Winless Panthers? Nope. Awful Pats? Nah. Broncos that lost by 50? No sir. Answer?? You guessed it-Big Blue. :no:

True Blue

How are we 7th in current draft order at 1-4 and the worst point differential in the league?

files58

Can you imagine, it's October 9th and we're talking about Caleb Williams.  :o  :(  :'(  ~X(  :hurt:  :crazy:  :no:  :surprise:  :scared:  :what:  :boooo:  >:( 2  :sick:  :surrender:  Redfaced  :doh:

TDToomer

The Patriots would like a word with this ranking. They have scored 3 points in the past 2 games. They average less points per game than the Gmen. They like the Giants have 1 win and are getting blown out. So take your pick. The Pats look like the worst team in the league.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Messiah717

They haven't had a first half TD on offense this season and haven't had a single possession with the lead.  They're 0-5 if not for the miracle in Arizona.  It's hard to argue they're not the worst team in football right now.