News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

PFF grades

Started by MightyGiants, October 09, 2023, 12:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Jones had a near-elite 87.1

Tyrod had a goat-level 48.7

Pass blocking grades

Marcus McKethan AND Jalen Mayfield-  0.0
Joshua Ezeudu- 25.4
Evan Neal- 29.0
Ben Bredeson- 31.8
Matt Peart- 40.0
Jaylon Thomas in two snaps, managed to drag down his default 60.0 to a 26.4
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

I agree with the Offense Grades but not the Safety Grades. DJ didn't play poorly, he played well all things considering.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rambo89

Think I am seeing why if you use PFF grades as the Bible and factual (when it's not) that you would come to the conclusion that Jones is usually great and it's all on the supporting cast.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

JT39

So our worst 6 players were the lineman?

Shocking..

MightyGiants

Last week the Giants' passing was 30th, their pass blocking 31st, and their receiving 32nd

This week the Giants' passing is now 29th, their pass blocking is 32nd and their receiving is 31st

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 09, 2023, 01:12:17 PMThink I am seeing why if you use PFF grades as the Bible and factual (when it's not) that you would come to the conclusion that Jones is usually great and it's all on the supporting cast.

Greg,

You are entitled to (and certainly exercising your right) to come here every day and bash Daniel Jones.  I do draw the line at your use of false strawman claims that I "treat PFF like a Bible."  I have repeatedly and consistently spoken of PFF's shortcomings.  Jones, by virtue of being a Giants player, is fair game in terms of being your target, I am not.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 09, 2023, 01:20:59 PMLast week the Giants' passing was 30th, their pass blocking 31st, and their receiving 32nd

This week the Giants' passing is now 29th, their pass blocking is 32nd and their receiving is 31st

Greg,

You are entitled to (and certainly exercising your right) to come here every day and bash Daniel Jones.  I do draw the line at your use of false strawman claims that I "treat PFF like a Bible."  I have repeatedly and consistently spoken of PFF's shortcomings.  Jones, by virtue of being a Giants player, is fair game in terms of being your target, I am not.

So we acknowledge that PFF grades are opinion based grades that are not factual?

Trench

PFF is biased.

Analytics are the demise of pro sports internal fortitude and the so called "money player" when it matters most.

Just go ask the Blue Jays. 

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Tyrod 9/12 86 in very little time

Jones 14/20 119 yards for almost the whole game.

Yeah that makes sense.

Trench

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 09, 2023, 01:29:19 PMTyrod 9/12 86 in very little time

Yeah that makes sense.

I thought the offense looked smoother with Tyrod

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 09, 2023, 01:29:19 PMTyrod 9/12 86 in very little time

Yeah that makes sense.

Look at the snap counts, Miami started resting their defensive front after Taylor came in (it was also mentioned on the broadcast).    Plus they finally benched the swinging door that was Ezeudu
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Yeah that makes sense.

I didn't think the offense looked any better or worse with Taylor running the offense so yeah when you look at that PFF's opinionated grades make little sense to me.

JT39

Quote from: Trench on October 09, 2023, 01:23:27 PMPFF is biased.

Analytics are the demise of pro sports internal fortitude and the so called "money player" when it matters most.

Just go ask the Blue Jays.

So PFF is biased and you aren't?

Rambo89

Wanna know why I don't take PFF grades seriously?  How about this:

Week 5 Grades:

Daniel Jones: 87.1

Trevor Lawrence: 84.1

PFF believes that Lawrence's 2 fumbles recovered by Buffalo made him less valuable than Jones despite Lawrence throwing for over 300 yards and a TD when Jones barely threw for over 100 yards.