News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

John Mara warned- in this business it doesn't take long to go from Bono to Bozo

Started by MightyGiants, October 09, 2023, 08:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

https://x.com/SiriusXMNFL/status/1641107957365592064?s=20

"We kid him. I mean, right now he's Bono walking around New York City," Mara said on SiriusXM NFL Radio in March.

"But I've told him, I've said, 'In this business, it doesn't take long to go from Bono to Bozo. So don't get your head too big right now.'
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

HondurasGiants

Maybe John Mara saw Daboll was getting too cocky...

Let's hope he's able to turn it around...

Rambo89

Quote from: HondurasGiants on October 09, 2023, 09:39:46 PMMaybe John Mara saw Daboll was getting too cocky...

Let's hope he's able to turn it around...

Mara needs to stay in his lane here.  I get he's upset that the prior three coaches he hired were train wrecks and Daboll is the first coach an outsider that wasn't one of his cronies hired.  He needs to sit back and let the people he hired to run football operations do their jobs while he sits in his owners box and watches.

Trench

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 10, 2023, 10:04:30 AMMara needs to stay in his lane here.  I get he's upset that the prior three coaches he hired were train wrecks and Daboll is the first coach an outsider that wasn't one of his cronies hired.  He needs to sit back and let the people he hired to run football operations do their jobs while he sits in his owners box and watches.

I totally disagree Rambo. I believe our coach has made a very comfortable environment and it has now manifested onto the field. We lack a hunger instinct and if the owner wants to chime in that is his right.

T200

In fairness to Mara, he made that statement in March. Someone dug it up. As much as I wanted him to zip his lips, he's done just that.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Rambo89

Quote from: Trench on October 10, 2023, 10:47:01 AMI totally disagree Rambo. I believe our coach has made a very comfortable environment and it has now manifested onto the field. We lack a hunger instinct and if the owner wants to chime in that is his right.

It's the source the quote came from that I take issue with. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on October 10, 2023, 10:50:39 AMIn fairness to Mara, he made that statement in March. Someone dug it up. As much as I wanted him to zip his lips, he's done just that.

In fairness to Mara, he's also correct.  Sadly, it wasn't much of an accomplishment in light of the Giants' history.  We saw the same thing happen with Ben McAdoo when he took the team to the playoffs in 2016 only to tank the 2017 season.   We saw that with Joe Judge, whose signing received very positive reviews and whose first year seemed promising only to crater the next season.  You could also look at Fassel who was on top of the world for taking the Giants to the Super Bowl in 2000 only to be fired a couple of seasons later.

For some reason, outside of Coughlin and Parcells, the Giants' "luck" with head coaches hasn't been all that great. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

BluesCruz

the opponents can read us like a book

while they are running pitchouts and reverses.....we are running woody hayes playcalling

im sorry but daboll is halfway out the door

where is jalen hyatt?????   Dabboll is being a stuborn mule
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"