News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

So, everybody still want Daboll back next season?

Started by Jaime, October 30, 2023, 02:52:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: uconnjack8 on October 30, 2023, 10:02:42 AMSurely they could find some cap space if they really wanted to right?  But it seems like they haven't made a certain amount of roster moves to avoid playing that shell game. 

He sat on his hands gambling on DJ and Gano.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

sooners56

As a person, who strongly believes coaching doesn't mean as much as many want to believe, bringing in another head coach won't change a thing. Matter of fact nothing will change until this team drafts better players and injuries to key players  are limited.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

todge

Add to the list of bonehead decisions- why put your offense on the field after winning the coin flip? Daboll should have deferred and put his defense on the field. Predictably they went three and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

files58

Quote from: Painter on October 30, 2023, 10:01:41 AMGood Gosh! Talk about fickle and rash...get a grip! Snap your fingers, get someone better. That should be easy for a team which has had 4 HCs and just 2 winning seasons and single (last season) PO win in a decade.

No excuses but before we cut our wrists, how about fielding a healthy starting QB behind something better than a Division 2 Oline? In any event, it shouldn't be too hard to get Joe Judge to again leave the 2-6 Patriots.

Cheers!

Not just this decade. A few weeks ago I compiled a regular season W-L record since I became a fan in 1965. They are 420-474 during that span. Despite the 4 SB's the Giants are a historically sub-500 team, and not by a little. Given all that I have seen since 65' yesterday did not shock. Daboll for 59:59 managed to bring the Giants to the brink of victory despite fielding a patchwork at best OL, and a H.S. QB. Tommy effing DeVito, a North Jersey metaphor was behind center. Brings back memories of Tom Kennedy in 66'.

Bob In PA

Quote from: todge on October 30, 2023, 11:06:53 AMAdd to the list of bonehead decisions- why put your offense on the field after winning the coin flip? Daboll should have deferred and put his defense on the field. Predictably they went three and out.

Ted: I don't precisely agree (or might agree for a different reason), but I'd like to point out the inconsistency of TRUSTING the offense in overtime after FAILING TO TRUST them to make 4th-down play and opting to kick a FG. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Bob In PA

Quote from: files58 on October 30, 2023, 11:09:57 AMNot just this decade. A few weeks ago I compiled a regular season W-L record since I became a fan in 1965. They are 420-474 during that span. Despite the 4 SB's the Giants are a historically sub-500 team, and not by a little. Given all that I have seen since 65' yesterday did not shock. Daboll for 59:59 managed to bring the Giants to the brink of victory despite fielding a patchwork at best OL, and a H.S. QB. Tommy effing DeVito, a North Jersey metaphor was behind center. Brings back memories of Tom Kennedy in 66'.
files: I too am an "ancient mariner" with regard to the Giants (actually, even more "ancient").

Outside of criticizing the team owners, my only explanation is that, being the largest sports market in the NFL, the Giants have a greater interest in seeing that small sports market teams succeed (or at least continue selling a lot of hot dogs) than they do in succeeding themselves.

I am also suspicious of the draft, and whether it is TRULY random, but I'll save that for a slow day in summer... or for any Senate hearing on the NFL's monopoly.

Cha-ching!

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

jgrangers2

Quote from: sooners56 on October 30, 2023, 10:32:56 AMAs a person, who strongly believes coaching doesn't mean as much as many want to believe, bringing in another head coach won't change a thing. Matter of fact nothing will change until this team drafts better players and injuries to key players  are limited.

Been beating this drum for a while. You can only smoke and mirrors your way to success for so long. At a certain point, you just have to have guys who are better than the players across from them. Judging coaches by how they manage bad teams is, to a certain extent pointless. The ability to work around an extreme lack of talent (i.e. the Giants' current offense) is admirable, but far less useful than the ability to elevate already good talent.