News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

John Madden phone call to Coach Coughlin

Started by DaveBrown74, December 29, 2023, 03:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

President Rick

so glad my son and I were there.  great game.  great season.  great team....and, of course,    I mean the N.Y. Giants!!!!!!!!!!
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kartanoman

A memorable moment in one of the most memorable seasons in this team's proud history.

Thank you, Coach Coughlin!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

BlueMoshik

I actually got annoyed at the time, I thought the Giants should have won that game.

MagicRat

That was a special season.
First time I got to watch my team in the flesh.
Smell my cheese you mother!

kartanoman

Quote from: MagicRat on December 30, 2023, 05:12:58 AMThat was a special season.
First time I got to watch my team in the flesh.

Even though I watched them the year before in Tennessee, it was my first trip to Giants Stadium since 1982 so that was a bit special for me as well.

But, I, too, was a bit disappointed with the 38-35 final as that game was well within the Giants' grasp.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

DaveBrown74

Even though it was a loss, and even though we're talking about a two time Super Bowl winner, on multiple levels you could argue that that game was one of Coughlin's finer days as Giants' head coach.

It is also a good reminder that some games we fans view as "meaningless" may not be so meaningless.

LennG

I ate plenty of crow after that as I was mad the Giants didn't rest their players going into the playoffs. Me of little faith, but TC knew best and I'm sure that game inspired our guys to win it all against the Pats knowing we could have and should have beat them weeks before.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

madbadger

T200

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 30, 2023, 08:54:45 AMEven though it was a loss, and even though we're talking about a two time Super Bowl winner, on multiple levels you could argue that that game was one of Coughlin's finer days as Giants' head coach.

It is also a good reminder that some games we fans view as "meaningless" may not be so meaningless.
I didn't think it was a meaningless game. I was glad TC decided to go all out. I didn't want us to be the trivia question to the Pats' undefeated regular season.

I don't mind it so much now, seeing how the rest of it turned out!  :dance:  :Giants:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Giant Obsession

Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Trench

From a tactical coaching perspective take a look another look 0:57 seconds into this video at the special teams set up and scheme for Hixon return. Tell me if you've seen anything remotely close to this in the last several years. The tape shows a unit clear as day understanding their responsibilities. My how times have changed.

Madden was a treasure. And Coughlin was just a great coach. And Eli was a gunslinger who took a pounding physically and mentally yet he kept on coming. Maybe next week game will mean something and the NFL moves us to the 4:30pm slot and we end in a high note.