News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Poll- Predict the Giants Record for 2024

Started by BluesCruz, January 15, 2024, 03:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knowing only what we know now what will our record be and why

BluesCruz

I'm going to say 8-10 wins.  We were getting much better the 2nd half of last year

The loss of Wink, return of Jones are big gating factors that could drive our wins to below 6

Reports of Daboll's mangement style are extremely concerning (if accurate)

I'm optomistic that somehow things will work out and we will be back in the playoffs.  How?  I'm not sure.  Need a lot more information about the evolution of things to be more accurate
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Giant Obsession

Daboll will have 1 win before he get canned.  Interim coach will garner 3 wins rest of season.

If we make the smart move and fire Daboll now, there is a chance for maybe 6 wins, but much improved performance and future outlook.

Shoen will get full 4 years unless he separates himself from his current HC.

Sadly this organization is so scared of jettisoning another HC after 2 years that Daboll will be allowed to finish hanging himself in Year 3.  Even more sad real fans will have wasted another year being a supporter. 
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Ed Vette

How do you put up a poll like this not knowing who the Coordinators will be, if they draft a QB and what changes there will be in the 53 via FA and the Draft? Or the improvements in the rest of the NFC East which account for six games?
Seriously.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

BluesCruz

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 15, 2024, 08:58:59 PMHow do you put up a poll like this not knowing who the Coordinators will be, if they draft a QB and what changes there will be in the 53 via FA and the Draft? Or the improvements in the rest of the NFC East which account for six games?
Seriously.

This was the last sentence of my post Ed.  Perhaps you did not see it
"Need a lot more information about the evolution of things to be more accurate"

It will be interesting to compare these predictions with a similar poll done in early Sept and the end result.

Daboll for all his faults did get us into the Playoffs and 1 win therein.

Im not sure he survives these revelations, but likely he will start the season.

If he and Jones go 0-8 or 1-9 and the leaks continue he will likely get the hook and Jones even earlier.

As stated I want Vrabel as HC and Penix as ultimate QB, and Barkley sent off to free agency

We do have the bones for a dominant team if things roll like that or similar

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 15, 2024, 08:58:59 PMHow do you put up a poll like this not knowing who the Coordinators will be, if they draft a QB and what changes there will be in the 53 via FA and the Draft? Or the improvements in the rest of the NFC East which account for six games?
Seriously.
What are we gonna have for dinner on October 27th?  :-??
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

BluesCruz

The poll is what it is, highly unreliable BUT shows a lot of members still have faith in this team- mainly in the players.  The coaches not so much

IF Daboll finds a great DC (not a Mr Softee) and IF the play calling is improved on offense, we have the potential to rise to the top of the NFC East and beyond

The last few games we were playing like a SB contender

TDToomer

Seriously.

Oh but when I post something this regarding all these silly polls you tell me I am being insulting to the OP.  :doh:
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Messiah717

It's just a pointless poll when we know there's going to be fundamental changes to this team. 

kartanoman

If Graham Gano makes a healthy return, and regains his Pro Bowl form, AND the Scottish Hammer goes to the Pro Bowl, the Giants will win eight (8) games.

If the Giants end up having to play the fourth string place-kicker again, it rains more times than not in the Sardine Can, and Ronnie Barnes loses his job because the Giants accumulate > 20 injuries whose root cause was the Sardine Can turf, the Giants will win four (4) games.

If the Giants play in one (1) or more 90+ degree days in 2024, they will win 10 games and earn a Wild Card berth in the playoffs.

If the Giants play in one (1) or more snow games in 2024, they will win seven (7) games in 2024.

Without knowing the final hiring of coaches, acquisition and release of players, release of the 2024 schedule, my predictions above have just as good a chance of being correct as any in the poll.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

BluesCruz

Quote from: Messiah717 on January 16, 2024, 10:20:05 AMIt's just a pointless poll when we know there's going to be fundamental changes to this team. 

I dont know anything is going to change.  Right now I fully expect a defiant Daboll as HC.  An unrepentant Jones throwing Dump offs and Saquon right beside him.  Giants are nothing if not stubborn as a mule.  Drives me nuts

You can change GMs HC's Players whatever and they will remian the most conservative team forever.  Only Bill Parcells was able to successfully break that mold.  He was not intimidated by the Mara's

Messiah717

Quote from: BluesCruz on January 16, 2024, 01:33:49 PMI dont know anything is going to change.  Right now I fully expect a defiant Daboll as HC.  An unrepentant Jones throwing Dump offs and Saquon right beside him.  Giants are nothing if not stubborn as a mule.  Drives me nuts

You can change GMs HC's Players whatever and they will remian the most conservative team forever.  Only Bill Parcells was able to successfully break that mold.  He was not intimidated by the Mara's

I don't disagree.  The franchise has been run poorly which is why since the last SB the record is dreadful.  Now you have a max exodus of the coaching staff which is never a good sign.

DaveBrown74

Impossible for me to opine on this in a serious way without seeing the what happens in the offseason over the next 4-5 months. Right now I'm not overly optimistic, and even if I love the way the offseason goes I'll have a hard time forecasting more than mediocrity next year. I may however have a more positive 2-3 year outlook come May/June than I do now. Right now I can't say I'm feeling great about either the short or medium term.