News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I miss Brandon Jacobs. Time to get another big dude

Started by brownelvis54, February 06, 2024, 07:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

I share your desire to have a bulldozer type RB to compliment the lead back...my comparison has always been Larry Csonka who'd carry three tacklers for 5 yards with brute size and strength

There is a sleeper pick in the draft that might fit that bill. His name is Carson Steele (UCLA). He's 6'1, and over 230 lbs. Some might see him as a FB, but he's always played RB

He is on Bruce Feldman's "Freak List". Here's the write-up on him

"He made the Freaks List last year before having a monster season for Ball State, rushing for 1,556 yards. Not bad for a guy who only had one FBS scholarship offer. The Bruins were elated to get him in the transfer portal. Steele, at 6-1, 233, has wowed his new teammates with his strength. He bench-pressed 450 pounds and squatted 685. His wheels have been impressive too, clocking 20.96 MPH and vertical-jumping 35 inches.

Steele, with his long flowing locks, looks like a fit in Hollywood. He also owns a pet alligator named Crocky-J.

"He's a dawg," says Bruins center Duke Clemens. "He's huge. He's like a bowling ball. I always see him in the weight room doing extra work after we're done with our workouts. You know why he is the way he is
." (The Athletic)

Not nearly as big as Jacobs, but big enough to roll over people and very strong as well as has some speed. Not elusive like a scat back, but good for the "3 yards and a cloud of dust" when we're "going for it on short yardage". He can also catch the ball out of the backfield. He is not getting any love on the sites that analyze players so he will be a late round pick or UDFA

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

brownelvis54

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on February 08, 2024, 10:00:14 AMI share your desire to have a bulldozer type RB to compliment the lead back...my comparison has always been Larry Csonka who'd carry three tacklers for 5 yards with brute size and strength

There is a sleeper pick in the draft that might fit that bill. His name is Carson Steele (UCLA). He's 6'1, and over 230 lbs. Some might see him as a FB, but he's always played RB

He is on Bruce Feldman's "Freak List". Here's the write-up on him

"He made the Freaks List last year before having a monster season for Ball State, rushing for 1,556 yards. Not bad for a guy who only had one FBS scholarship offer. The Bruins were elated to get him in the transfer portal. Steele, at 6-1, 233, has wowed his new teammates with his strength. He bench-pressed 450 pounds and squatted 685. His wheels have been impressive too, clocking 20.96 MPH and vertical-jumping 35 inches.

Steele, with his long flowing locks, looks like a fit in Hollywood. He also owns a pet alligator named Crocky-J.

"He's a dawg," says Bruins center Duke Clemens. "He's huge. He's like a bowling ball. I always see him in the weight room doing extra work after we're done with our workouts. You know why he is the way he is
." (The Athletic)

Not nearly as big as Jacobs, but big enough to roll over people and very strong as well as has some speed. Not elusive like a scat back, but good for the "3 yards and a cloud of dust" when we're "going for it on short yardage". He can also catch the ball out of the backfield. He is not getting any love on the sites that analyze players so he will be a late round pick or UDFA

I like it. Moving forward and since it looks like we are going with Jones at QB, We need to fix our O-line, and aside from Grey, draft two RBs and use them situationally. Build a new Earth, Wind and Fire
The KING is in the building