News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Round one non-Giants draft discussion thread

Started by MightyGiants, April 25, 2024, 07:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: sxdxca38 on April 25, 2024, 09:26:24 PMIf they were picking #1 they would have taken a QB.

My initial post was that Rich Eisen said the Giants were absolutely done with Daniel Jones. That claim has now proven to be false.

They had two QB's in JJ and Penix sitting right there at pick 6 and they passed, why?

Because they realize DJ as of right now is a better QB then both of them, and adding Nabers is going to help DJ bigtime.

Expect a turnaround in 2024, enjoy!

Like another poster said, being done with Jones and the draft pick being non-QB are not mutually exclusive. It also doesn't mean they think Penix/JJ are worse than DJ right now. They believe Nabers is better for this team long-term. This team is not built in a single draft or a single pick.

madbadger

Quote from: AYM on April 25, 2024, 09:25:17 PMI don't think the Giants are on the list of approved teams for Shedeur Sanders, but the other two could be interesting. And who knows, we've seen guys come from nowhere to jump to the top of the draft - like Daniels just now.

With Nabers, Hyatt and Robinson to throw to and the ability to make tens of millions off the field I'm not so sure of that. If we can get a starting guard and running back out of this draft it becomes even more appealing.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: madbadger on April 25, 2024, 09:23:42 PMShadeur Sanders, Quinn Ewers and Cam Ward had seasons equal to Maye this year, and all three were better than Daniels was as a junior. None of the three would be considered a flash in the pan.
All three have significantly more flaws than the prospects that were taken 1-3. They would have likely been qbs 7, 8, 9 in this draft. Will they go 1st next year possibly but the talent is nowhere near the guys that came out this year unless they take significant steps.

Trench

Quote from: sxdxca38 on April 25, 2024, 09:26:24 PMIf they were picking #1 they would have taken a QB.

My initial post was that Rich Eisen said the Giants were absolutely done with Daniel Jones. That claim has now proven to be false.

They had two QB's in JJ and Penix sitting right there at pick 6 and they passed, why?

Because they realize DJ as of right now is a better QB then both of them, and adding Nabers is going to help DJ bigtime.

Expect a turnaround in 2024, enjoy!

Good perspective. Thank you.

I only hope we don't have to listen to the excuses crowd and we know they're out there en masse.

Jones is our QB. I'll be first on the hill to say I was wrong. He needs to step up now. He is a VETERAN now. No more excuses or young QB mistakes. He has the contract, he has the franchise, he has the weapons. Do the job.

MightyGiants

https://x.com/DDuggan21/status/1783669613743497620

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
Joe Schoen said the Giants are done for the night. There aren't QBs left to trade back into the first round anyway...
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

killarich

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on April 25, 2024, 09:30:23 PMLike another poster said, being done with Jones and the draft pick being non-QB are not mutually exclusive. It also doesn't mean they think Penix/JJ are worse than DJ right now. They believe Nabers is better for this team long-term. This team is not built in a single draft or a single pick.

Ok by saying this you are essentially saying they Penix of JJ are NOT long term solutions for the Giants ....this in fact actually means they believe keeping Jones at QB and drafting a WR is better then JJ or Penix....

Again if they actually thought that LOW of Jones right now ...they would have moved on ... because that would mean Penix or JJ are the better long term plans

they simply didn't think that

Maye yes they probably did...but JJ or Penix def not

sxdxca38

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on April 25, 2024, 09:30:23 PMLike another poster said, being done with Jones and the draft pick being non-QB are not mutually exclusive. It also doesn't mean they think Penix/JJ are worse than DJ right now. They believe Nabers is better for this team long-term. This team is not built in a single draft or a single pick.

Hi,

No but if they thought JJ or Penix were superior and potential franchise QB's they would have taken them, but they didn't they passed at #6, why?

You don't pass on a potential franchise QB if you are absolutely done with Daniel Jones as Rich Eisen pontificated all over the internet about 4-6 weeks ago.

The man was completely wrong and mislead a lot of viewers and Giant fans.

If you don't like DJ then that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

I on the other hand feel with an adequate O line, a #1 explosive WR, and an slightly easier schedule, I believe DJ will have a bounce back year.

Enjoy

killarich

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 25, 2024, 09:31:50 PMAll three have significantly more flaws than the prospects that were taken 1-3. They would have likely been qbs 7, 8, 9 in this draft. Will they go 1st next year possibly but the talent is nowhere near the guys that came out this year unless they take significant steps.

Okay but we were NOT getting QB's 1-3 .....

So this makes Nabers even more genius

killarich

Quote from: sxdxca38 on April 25, 2024, 09:34:07 PMHi,

No but if they thought JJ or Penix were superior and potential franchise QB's they would have taken them, but they didn't they passed at #6, why?

You don't pass on a potential franchise QB if you are absolutely done with Daniel Jones as Rich Eisen pontificated all over the internet about 4-6 weeks ago.

The man was completely wrong and mislead a lot of viewers and Giant fans.

If you don't like DJ then that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

I on the other hand feel with an adequate O line, a #1 explosive WR, and an slightly easier schedule, I believe DJ will have a bounce back year.

Enjoy

Exactly... the first 3 QBs ...SURE

But JJ and/or Penix were obviously not viewed that highly

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Trench on April 25, 2024, 09:22:44 PMI'm invested because I'm a fan. It is not a hypothetical. I've sat here for years now listening to ultra pro Jones guys saying the one of the only reasons he stinks is he doesn't have weapons. I'm simply asking those guys if we have enough "weapons".....

No, you've sat there and heard that the primary problem is that they have a cr@p OL.  The weapons issue only really arose when people pointed out that other QBs were productive with bad Olines and it was countered that while their Ols were bad they had more than 1 elite receiver.

But I'm really sorry if my unwillingness to answer a hypothetical question is interfering with you being a fan.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

sxdxca38

Quote from: Trench on April 25, 2024, 09:31:56 PMGood perspective. Thank you.

I only hope we don't have to listen to the excuses crowd and we know they're out there en masse.

Jones is our QB. I'll be first on the hill to say I was wrong. He needs to step up now. He is a VETERAN now. No more excuses or young QB mistakes. He has the contract, he has the franchise, he has the weapons. Do the job.

Please remember Daniel Jones had a 93.2 RTG and 60.2 QBR in 2022 which ranked him 13th and #6 respectively.

The team went 10-7-1 and won a playoff game.

His O line was decimated last year and the schedule first five games was absolutely brutal.

I believe there is a great chance he and Giants have a bounce back year.

Please be well

madbadger

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 25, 2024, 09:31:50 PMAll three have significantly more flaws than the prospects that were taken 1-3. They would have likely been qbs 7, 8, 9 in this draft. Will they go 1st next year possibly but the talent is nowhere near the guys that came out this year unless they take significant steps.

lol. No one, and I mean no one in the world had Daniels going second overall in this draft, this time last year. Too skinny, processed too slowly, struggled with mechanics. A year later everyone forgets about it, and no one is really talking about how much Maye regressed this year without Phil Longo calling plays for him. There will be at least two quarterbacks with top 10 grades next year. If I'm wrong this time next year I'll have no problem admitting I was wrong.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: killarich on April 25, 2024, 09:34:40 PMOkay but we were NOT getting QB's 1-3 .....

So this makes Nabers even more genius
Did I say there were? I was simply talking to mad about the 3 prospects he mentioned as it refers to next year.