News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Who are the 4 worst teams in the NFL for 2024?

Started by MightyGiants, May 18, 2024, 01:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PSUBeirut and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

MightyGiants

Former GM Mike Lombardi thinks the Giants is one of them.

I looked at the over/under odds for team wins.  Here is who Vegas thinks the worst

Carolina Panthers
Denver Broncos
New England Patriots

Beyond that, it's a massive tie (6.5 wins)

Arizona Cardinals
Las Vegas Raiders
Minnesota Vikings
New York Giants
Tennessee Titans
Washington Commanders

So who are your 4 worst teams?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

The Pats and Panthers look like the worst teams to me.

I'd struggle to keep the Giants out of the bottom four though. I thought we were worse than our 6-11 record last year, and I am not convinced the team improved in the offseason overall (yes we gained a couple of very talented players but we also lost three).

I'd probably go (in order of badness):

1. Pats
2. Panthers
3. Broncos
4. Giants

I think there is a bit of a gap between the two worst teams and the next group though. I don't put the Broncos in the same tier as the Panthers and Pats.

kartanoman

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 18, 2024, 02:01:55 PMThe Pats and Panthers look like the worst teams to me.

I'd struggle to keep the Giants out of the bottom four though. I thought we were worse than our 6-11 record last year, and I am not convinced the team improved in the offseason overall (yes we gained a couple of very talented players but we also lost three).

1. Pats
2. Panthers
3. Broncos
4. Giants

I think there is a bit of a gap between the two worst teams and the next group though. I don't put the Broncos in the same tier as the Panthers and Pats.

It's as good a guess as a raffle ticket at a school fund raiser.

Factor injuries into the equation, which will impact this list more likely than any other variable, what might it look like then?

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

BluesCruz

until we see the final 53's who knows.  As it stands we are bottom 5

certainly with Dave Brown uhhhhh Dan Jones at QB we will contend for the 1st pick

I have zero faith in this guy....never saw a QB regress so completely from his rookie season to the mess he became.  I partially blame the coaches, they coached him to dump off and it worked for one season.  Opponents caught on

now he has become the dump off king...its in his DNA now.  he is afraid to release the ball

The NFL has by rule changed to game to reward passing offenses   
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Jclayton92

Quote from: BluesCruz on May 19, 2024, 04:58:43 PMuntil we see the final 53's who knows.  As it stands we are bottom 5

certainly with Dave Brown uhhhhh Dan Jones at QB we will contend for the 1st pick

I have zero faith in this guy....never saw a QB regress so completely from his rookie season to the mess he became.  I partially blame the coaches, they coached him to dump off and it worked for one season.  Opponents caught on

now he has become the dump off king...its in his DNA now.  he is afraid to release the ball

The NFL has by rule changed to game to reward passing offenses   
You also thought Gary Brightwell was the next Barry Sanders.

Just saying Jones has a significantly better chance of being an elite Qb than Brightwell does of being Barry Sanders.

BluesCruz

Quote from: Jclayton92 on May 19, 2024, 05:20:30 PMYou also thought Gary Brightwell was the next Barry Sanders.

Just saying Jones has a significantly better chance of being an elite Qb than Brightwell does of being Barry Sanders.

now that he's gone the truth can be told
The Giants pandered to Barkley for 5 seasons
no one else had any chance to really contribute

Barkley was the ordained RB.....a gold jacket was predicted.  He was a huge disappointment and that was that

Rocky Thompson was a better pick

maybe this 4.27 human bowling ball 5 foot 5 200 lbs can be somebody
time will tell

there is no longer an owner of the RB position...its wide open

nb587

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 18, 2024, 02:01:55 PMThe Pats and Panthers look like the worst teams to me.

1. Pats
2. Panthers
3. Broncos
4. Giants

Pats have a good to very good defense although it will be interesting to see how they play without BB.  Plus, either Brisset or Maye would be an upgrade over Mac Jones.

BluesCruz

Yes its almost incomprehensible that Bill did not land in another place but who knows

I think the Patriots will falter for a bit until they realize Joe Judge is available to move up to HC.....LOL. NOT!!

Patriot's should have brought Mike Vrable back to be their HC in my opinion but lets see

Giant Jim