News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- Who plans on watching the Jerry Jones mini-series?

Started by MightyGiants, May 16, 2024, 12:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 16, 2024, 04:56:53 PMAnother testimonial blow job that the rich elites do for each other. I've attended many of those in a former life. I actually don't hate Dislike this man like you all some of you do. I may check it out.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: AZGiantFan on May 17, 2024, 10:12:31 AMI don't hate him.  I envy the fact that he is a better owner than the Giants'.

Is he really?  It seems like Jimmy Johnson (along with the historical stupidity of the Vikings) spurred the early success.  After Jerrah's ego spurred him to fire Jimmy Johnson, they have been a team that collects plenty of talent (and develops and manages them well), but year and year, crashes and burns when the playoffs come around.  Plus, see my post on how I view Jerrah, you don't have those sorts of traits with any of the Mara family.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 17, 2024, 11:33:27 AMIs he really?  It seems like Jimmy Johnson (along with the historical stupidity of the Vikings) spurred the early success.  After Jerrah's ego spurred him to fire Jimmy Johnson, they have been a team that collects plenty of talent (and develops and manages them well), but year and year, crashes and burns when the playoffs come around.  Plus, see my post on how I view Jerrah, you don't have those sorts of traits with any of the Mara family.

You can't crash and burn in the playoffs unless you make the playoffs.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

Quote from: AZGiantFan on May 17, 2024, 12:05:17 PMYou can't crash and burn in the playoffs unless you make the playoffs.

The Cowboys last won a Super Bowl in 1996.  Since then, the Giants have been to three Super Bowls and won two.

I think I prefer the Super Bowl victories over the regular playoff appearances.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE