News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

Quote from: T200 on June 14, 2020, 11:38:38 AM
That is pretty impressive Jim!  =D> =D>

Tim: Don't feel bad.  My memory makes you appear to be that guy on Jeopardy who set the all-time winning streak.  Bob   =))
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

jimv

Here are two quotes from a movie that I like very much.  Lenny, you'll get it right off the bat, so please hold at the beginning.

1.  "I think we're goin' to the Super Bowl and I think we're gonna win."

2.  The tag line:  "Yes, I'd love to have a cup of coffee with you."

jimv

Quote from: jimv on June 16, 2020, 03:48:09 PM
Here are two quotes from a movie that I like very much.  Lenny, you'll get it right off the bat, so please hold at the beginning.

1.  "I think we're goin' to the Super Bowl and I think we're gonna win."

2.  The tag line:  "Yes, I'd love to have a cup of coffee with you."

OK, I'll expand the tag line:

"You're the Quarterback.  [pause]  Yes. I'd love to have a cup of coffee with you."

philo43

Been struggling with  this one, Heaven can Wait? Only saw it once.

jimv

philo43

Quote from: jimv on June 18, 2020, 03:53:37 PM
You got it, Philo!!!!! =D> =D> =D>

I am shocked, only movie I could think it possibly from.  As I said, only have seen it once, will try to see again soon.

jimv

OK, here's another one from a favorite of mine.  It's between two people & spoken rapidly:

1st man -"I'm gonna get in, get on with it, get it over with and get out!  Get it?"

2nd man - "Got it!"

1st man - "Good!"

jimv

To help out, here's another quote from the same movie:

"The vessel with the pestle has the pellet with the poison; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true."

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Here are a couple of easy ones also

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

And

" don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work, or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter, punks are running wild in the street, and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it! We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be! We know things are bad

Charlie Weiss

T200

Quote from: LennG on June 25, 2020, 07:53:51 PM
Here are a couple of easy ones also

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

And

" don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work, or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter, punks are running wild in the street, and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it! We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be! We know things are bad
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

Quote from: T200 on June 25, 2020, 09:24:55 PM
The first one is from my favorite movie. "May I have a sip of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?"

I have a fun fact about one of the scenes that I'll share after someone else guesses it.

I have no idea about the second one.

Tim

I kind of knew most people would know, in an instant, #1.

#2 is from a 1970's movie. I quoted up until the movies most famous line, which, if I mentioned it, would give the movie away in a second. The line is listed in the top 50 movies lines of all time. Funny, after reading this, again from the 70's, kind of appropriate today.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Lenny, neither one of these quotes are familiar to me.  And, Tim, answering a quote with a quote does me no good.  If we're talking the 70s for both movies, that's the decade that I'm probably least familiar with.