News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

Quote from: LennG on August 25, 2020, 03:35:49 PM
Still have no idea. Probably haven't seen it.

I'm sure you saw it.  If not, you should.

"Deja Vu."

LennG

Quote from: jimv on August 25, 2020, 04:34:14 PM

I'm sure you saw it.  If not, you should.

"Deja Vu."

Never even heard of it.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Check it out.  I think you'd enjoy it.  Denzel Washington & Jim Caviezel.

LennG

Quote from: jimv on August 25, 2020, 07:36:42 PM
Check it out.  I think you'd enjoy it.  Denzel Washington & Jim Caviezel.

Jim Caviezel, who is he??

How can I guess a quote from a movie no one has ever heard of?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

WHO is Jim Caviezel????   You're kidding aren't you?  Forgetting everything else, he played Christ in "Passion of the Christ."  He also played in "Frequency" with Randy Quaid, "The Count of Monte Cristo" (my favorite version), "Outlander," etc.  Check him out; excellent actor.

jimv

I forgot:  Jim Caviezel Starred in a five year series (which you love, Len) called "Person of Interest."  Pick it up.  I think you'll enjoy it.

jimv

This is a pretty easy one:

"There's white time in jail and there's colored time in jail.  The worst kind is colored time."

LennG

Quote from: jimv on August 26, 2020, 03:09:10 PM
WHO is Jim Caviezel????   You're kidding aren't you?  Forgetting everything else, he played Christ in "Passion of the Christ."  He also played in "Frequency" with Randy Quaid, "The Count of Monte Cristo" (my favorite version), "Outlander," etc.  Check him out; excellent actor.

Never heard of him, never saw Outlander, Frequency, Passion of the Christ and I MAY have seen the Count of Monte Cristo,( there are so many versions, it's hard to keep up) I know I have seen the 1934 version with Robert Donat and that is, and will always be, my favorite version.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Well, you've missed a lot of good movies.  And, Caviezel's  "Count..." leaves Donat's in the dust.

Stop being mad at me & check those movies out.

LennG

Quote from: jimv on August 26, 2020, 07:10:49 PM
Well, you've missed a lot of good movies.  And, Caviezel's  "Count..." leaves Donat's in the dust.

Stop being mad at me & check those movies out.

I'm not mad at all.

I have absolutely no interest in seeing Outlander, Passion of the Christ and probably never will. And you, from the person who said that he hardly watches any movies from 1970 onward.

I put up quotes from famous movies and include hints where most everyone has seen these movies and should be able to recognize the movie from the quotes, especially when I highlighted the parts that would give them away. Why would I put up an obsure movie where, if I had seen it, maybe once, I would never remember some quote from the movie.

sorry.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Lenny, those "famous" movies you put up quotes from are "obscure" to me because I've never seen them!  I guess what's obscure to one person can be famous to another.

You know what I really think?  I think we both watched most of the movies that came out in the '30s to '50s so we can quote back & forth on many of them.  But, once the families came along, I think we both (at least I) became more selective & didn't go as frequently.  In my case, as I learned about movies that appealed to me, taped or bought.  A lot your "famous" movies didn't appeal to me & I think a lot of my "famous" movies didn't appeal to you. 8)) 8)) 8))

LennG

Quote from: LennG on August 21, 2020, 08:53:29 PM
Forgot how smart yopu guys are. Yes, they were all answered.

Here are a few new ones from the 1990s

Woman-----I would have stayed for two thousand.
Man--- I would have paid four.

------------------------------------------------------------

Man #1---- I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck... maybe even a "recreational vehicle." And drive from state to state. Do they let you do that?
Man #2----: I suppose.
Man #1---- No papers?
Man #2----: No papers, state to state.
Man #1----: Well then, in winter I will live in... Arizona. Actually, I think I will need two wives.
Man #2---- Oh, at least.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Man #1---All major theme parks have delays. When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Man #2--- Yeah, but, John, if The Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man---- She wants to meet me at the top of the Empire State Building. On Valentine's Day.
Woman---- It's like that movie.
Man---- What movie?
Woman---- An Affair To Remember. Did you ever see it?Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr. She's gonna meet him at the top of the Empire State Building... only she got hit by a taxi. And he waited and waited. And it was raining, I think. And then... she's too proud to tell him... that she's, uh...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the ship of dreams to everyone else. To me it was a slave ship, taking me back to America in chains. Outwardly, I was everything a well brought up girl should be. Inside, I was screaming.

======================================================

Jim

These are the last quotes I put up. You got two and I gave you easy clues to the rest. They are all from blockbuster movies that the majority of people have seen.

Have you ever seen these movies

#1--Pretty Woman. My clue was that she was offered a certain amount of money for her 'profession' and he replied he would have paid double.
#3- You're not going to tell me you have never seen Jurassic Park--Clues, Theme Park and eating civilians
#5--Again, have you never seen Titanic--clue 'Ship of Dreams" plus I gave you the years these movies were out.

Now are you going to tell me Titanic, Jurassic Park, Pretty Woman are obscure and Deja Vue is well known?? Do we want to take a tally of those who have seen the movies I mentioned and the ones that have seen the one you did.

Let's just forget it.

Oh, and BTW, Why would I LOVE Person of Interest? I have NEVER seen one episode of it, so how would I know this actor?

And once again, I am NOT mad at you or anyone.

(I will still take the 1934 version over anything that came after. I have seen other versions, (not sure about the one you mentioned) but Donat was wonderful in that movie. Just my take on it.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

lenny, I saw "Jurassic Park" and actually bought it.  GREAT movie!  I also saw "Pretty Woman" & have that one too.  I just don't remember the quotes from them.  BTW, I also have Donat's "Count..." & think it's terrific.  I usually don't enjoy re-makes & there are quite a few versions of it.  I just think, IMHO, that the Caviezel version is better.

The reason I recommended "Person of Interest' is that I know you enjoy series & I still think this is right up your alley.

jimv

philo43

Quote from: jimv on September 03, 2020, 12:35:28 AM
"Where's Nitti?"

"He's in the car."

For me an easy one - Untouchables