News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Exercising that blob atop my shoulders (Wordle)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 18, 2022, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on January 31, 2022, 04:08:26 PM
THIEF?

Ding, ding, ding... Dang you're good. I already tried "THIER" which I knew was spelled wrong and I couldn't use an "R" anyway, but it automatically eliminated a combination of "IE" in my weary head. I was seconds away from clicking the "give up" button then thought, what the heck - I'll ask the guys on this site. You're both fast!

The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Does everyone get the same word?

I just did mine and the word was LIGHT which I got on the last try.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on January 31, 2022, 05:14:26 PM
Does everyone get the same word?

I just did mine and the word was LIGHT which I got on the last try.

Yes, everyone gets the same word (for the daily wordle that most people play). I was going to post mine from this morning because I got it in 1 try which was sh-t luck. I was going to wait until tomorrow in case anyone has yet to play today's word. But...since you let the cat out of the bag, I will post it. I need to do this after embarrassing myself a little while ago as I was unable to come up with a word  :(

Anyhooooo

My scoreboard:

The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing

T200

That's awesome, Jolly! That's my goal as well lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Jolly Blue Giant

Oh great: New York Times has bought Wordle. Only a matter of time before we have to subscribe to a paper that I don't want to read in order to play the daily game. That really sucks!!!

https://www.syracuse.com/entertainment/2022/02/the-new-york-times-buys-wordle-for-seven-figures-will-word-game-stay-free.html

T200

Yeah I saw that last night. I'm sure there will be different knockoffs if they do decide to charge for it. Or they'll load it up with ads.

Jolly Blue Giant

Well, after playing 26 games straight, I finally had a miss and failed to get the word  :(

I won't put my guesses on here because some of you might not have played today's game yet, but I'll put it up later in the evening (if I remember)

T200

Wordle 235 4/6

🟨
🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LennG

I haven't played in a few days.

Sorry Ric got it on the fourth row.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on February 09, 2022, 07:05:25 PM
I haven't played in a few days.

Sorry Ric got it on the fourth row.

I can't believe I didn't get it. I started with a word that had no green or yellow. By the second word, I had one yellow letter..."R". By the time I had a "u" and an "m", I went with Rumor, Tumor, then "sorry"   ~X(

LennG

Good or bad, I start with the same 3 words, HOIST, READY, and PLUCK. So I have all the vowels with a Y and several of the main letters. With this plan, I rarely get the word before the 4th try. So then I see what I have either permanent or movable and try a few combinations to see where the movable letters might go and what I might mix with whatever letters I have left. As of now, it has worked well for me as I have only missed one word and that includes several of the 'other' games from the link you gave each day I do play.

I also play Candy Crush every single day, maybe for years now. I am at level 3000 and something and the game is much harder. Don't know if anyone has played but it is more than just a silly kids game as there is a very certain strategy to it once you get into the higher levels. They still want you to buy things to help you beat levels but in all the years I have played, I have never spent a penny on this game, but I do enjoy it very much.

Charlie Weiss