News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Totally Exhausted

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, May 27, 2024, 04:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Drove from my home in Upstate, NY to Neillsville, Wisconsin (more than a thousand miles) non-stop on Friday, then drove back non-stop on Sunday, arriving this morning about 7AM. I am getting too old for this stuff. Been sleeping almost all day

For those of you who travel RT 90 and have been to Cleveland, you are aware of the 90 degree turn on a major highway where people have been averaging 80 MPH for hours. All the warning signs, flashing lights, and rumble strips and there was still a major car accident early this morning that set me back an hour. And Google Maps kept feeding me "alternate routes" that didn't work because officers with flashing lights stopped traffic from going the direction Google (and Garvin...tried them both) told me to go. They were all giving out false information. Getting lost in Cleveland at 2:00 in the morning is an adventure in itself. Going through Chicago in the middle of the night on Friday worked well...especially since it's Memorial Day weekend. Still, quite a bit of traffic, but nothing like I've dealt with in the past. I timed it so that I would go through at 3:00 in the morning. On the way back, Google warned of an accident in Chicago and gave an alternate route that worked, albeit about an hour longer

Anyway, just felt like bitching...friggin beat and my age is showing  :crazy:  :sleeping:  :sleeping:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

T200

Ric,

Looks like you got up early to try and beat some of the return holiday traffic and got slowed by an accident. Best laid plans, no doubt!

Glad you made it safe and sound.  :ok:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Sem

Ric, I've made that drive twice, except a bit further, to Rochester, Minnesota. But I certainly didn't, nor would I, ever want to make the round trip drive over a three day period. No wonder you were tired!! Funny story on my second drive out there, back in 2006. I had rented a Ryder truck to deliver a bunch of stuff to our son, who had just graduated from college and moved to MN. I took a wrong exit and drove right into O'Hare Airport....with a rented Ryder truck. I'm sure I raised some flags because I was almost instantly followed by a Security SUV all the way around the perimeter and back out to the highway.  Redfaced

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Sem on Today at 03:13:59 PMRic, I've made that drive twice, except a bit further, to Rochester, Minnesota. But I certainly didn't, nor would I, ever want to make the round trip drive over a three day period. No wonder you were tired!! Funny story on my second drive out there, back in 2006. I had rented a Ryder truck to deliver a bunch of stuff to our son, who had just graduated from college and moved to MN. I took a wrong exit and drove right into O'Hare Airport....with a rented Ryder truck. I'm sure I raised some flags because I was almost instantly followed by a Security SUV all the way around the perimeter and back out to the highway.  Redfaced

It would probably be easier to get to Rochester, MN than where I went because you could stay right on 90. I had to take back roads for over an hour to find my destination, which Google guided me wrong and put me on a dirt road  ~X( . I've made the trip out that direction 6 times in the last 12 years because my son lived in Lacrosse for a while. I was actually thinking of bouncing over to Rochester to meet an old fella who was a first cousin of my Dad, who I had never met, but is still alive. There just wasn't time. I'll be making the trip again, but I'm not going to do it straight through and especially not back and forth straight through over three days. Way too old for that and I'm paying the price. The cost of tolls and gas, I might just fly into Madison instead and have my son pick me up at the airport. Less stressful
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh: