News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

If both Alt and Nabers were available at 6, whom would you have taken?

Started by DaveBrown74, April 26, 2024, 05:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Say the Chargers traded down and McCarthy went fifth.

You're the Giants. You have narrowed it down to either Alt or Nabers. Which of those two are you going with, and why?

Just curious.

Jolly Blue Giant

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Nabers, I am tired of the Giants investing high picks on the O-line only to have it end up the worst in the league.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Doc16LT56

Belichick compared Alt to a young Nate Solder. In his prime Solder was good but never dominant.

On the other hand, I think Nabers has a chance to be another Antonio Brown. If he can keep his head on straight, he's going to be a force.

For me Nabers is the easy choice.

DaveBrown74

I'm with you guys. Three reasons:

(1) We already added a decent amount of new talent to the O line in free agency, not to mention a new O line coach who seems more competent than the previous guy.

(2) Alt to my knowledge is experienced purely at LT. We already have a franchise LT. Alt may be more than capable of sliding over to RT, but I'm not sure that would be extracting the full value of the pick if we did that.

(3) We haven't had a bona fide number one receiver on this team since Beckham. That's going back a while. It was time to bring one in.

EDjohnst1981

madbadger

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on April 26, 2024, 05:49:14 PMBelichick compared Alt to a young Nate Solder. In his prime Solder was good but never dominant.

On the other hand, I think Nabers has a chance to be another Antonio Brown. If he can keep his head on straight, he's going to be a force.

For me Nabers is the easy choice.

In fairness he was talking about his physical dimensions.

Doc16LT56

Quote from: madbadger on April 26, 2024, 08:31:57 PMIn fairness he was talking about his physical dimensions.
He didn't think of Jonathan Ogden. He compared Alt to Solder's length and athleticism. If we're talking about Nabers or Ogden it's a much different discussion. Alt isn't that guy. His style is actually similar to Solder.

https://x.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1783661112673566978?t=suNqKDrM-Ebiw37-kUT3-A&s=09

AZGiantFan

Harbaugh, though, is doing the same thing with Alt that the Giants did with Neal.  They are both LTs and just like the Giants the Chargers have a good established LT.  So somebody will need to change sides.  And as we've seen with Neal, that doesn't always go well.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Uncle Mickey

Schoen basically said sometime late last year, 'I looked at the college tape again and see no reason Neal should be this bad'. That was a shot across the bow at Bobby Johnson.

Bobby is gone. They signed a 30M dollar pass pro LG, they signed a 7M/year OG/OT in Elumenor. I bet they believe in what they have.

The offense was begging for the dominant WR1. Guessing it was Nabers all the way.

B1GBLUE

I Think there's a higher chance the WR is going to have more success than an OL. alt looks good, but it seems that SO many high tackles fail. Especially on the giants. our WR seem to have a decent amount of success.

andrew_nyGiants

I would have also taken Nabers.

That being said, there's no better collegiate program today from where to invest in an OL than Notre Dame. So IMHO you couldn't really go wrong taking him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

kartanoman

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 26, 2024, 05:33:19 PMNabers, I am tired of the Giants investing high picks on the O-line only to have it end up the worst in the league.

I've hit the "Like" button for all of you who selected Nabers and your rationale is in alignment with my own.

So, for Nabers ...

+1

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin