News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT: NY Rangers 2023 - 2024 Season

Started by Jaime, August 25, 2023, 12:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nb587 and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Giant Jim

Quote from: coggs on Today at 07:53:08 AMA "rangers fan during the play-offs only fan because it gives him an excuse to go out during the week" co-worker asked me what is this year that is different.  I have said for months, it is Laviolette, Peca, and Housley.
Team leaders are focused. Panarin is on a mission, Trocheck is right there with him. The coaches (or other players) lit a fire to Lafrenière. Didn't he get benched during the pre-season? They all still haven't forgotten what happened with the Devils last year. And yes, the coaching staff has corrected the ship when it started to run off course. But that bad taste from the Devils has been there since the first day and is still lingering. We'll hear that from them again after they win the cup next month.

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: Giant Jim on Today at 02:53:10 PMTeam leaders are focused. Panarin is on a mission, Trocheck is right there with him. The coaches (or other players) lit a fire to Lafrenière.

I don't think so. But he worked very hard on his skating and other stuff. Plus he had the belief of the coach - he's not had that before.

kartanoman

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on Today at 02:56:50 PMI don't think so. But he worked very hard on his skating and other stuff. Plus he had the belief of the coach - he's not had that before.

Belief from Lavs was a catalyst, no question about it. But also challenging him to play right wing, from time to time, unleashed additional potential and, with that, grew self-confidence that was supported by a strong work ethic which he always had, but we didn't always see.

Things came together for Laffy, as well as a few Ranger players, but the commitment of each individual to sacrifice their "me" for the team's "we" may have been the biggest leap forward yet for these guys. That's what a winner in a head coach, along with his assistants, can do when a team has the talent but now needs to give of themselves to each other for the bigger picture.

I believe that's the difference this year.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: kartanoman on Today at 03:43:31 PMBelief from Lavs was a catalyst, no question about it. But also challenging him to play right wing, from time to time, unleashed additional potential and, with that, grew self-confidence that was supported by a strong work ethic which he always had, but we didn't always see.

Things came together for Laffy, as well as a few Ranger players, but the commitment of each individual to sacrifice their "me" for the team's "we" may have been the biggest leap forward yet for these guys. That's what a winner in a head coach, along with his assistants, can do when a team has the talent but now needs to give of themselves to each other for the bigger picture.

I believe that's the difference this year.

Peace!

As ever, I agree. Look at the excitement of having 72 back in morning skates. This is a group of men, as you say together and buying in.

We will see what comes of it, but I'll always be proud of this group - regardless of what happens.